LegacyGT.com

Be on the look out for Cnt/erz/ism/sprank top and front mounts! all defective

IMPORTIMAGE

be on the look out for cnt/erz/ISM clones for top and front mount intercoolers. They are the defective cores that we sent back to the manufacturer. they are flawed! Best of luck if you buy one! Contact your FMS dealer for the real deal!

thats right. they are selling the defective cores we sent back. take a look inside and see for yourself :)

for a great deal on the real thing and the V2 units contact your FMS dealer :)

So Sprank is selling knockoffs? If I remember correctly, he verified that at least 2 of the above listed manufacturers are from the same factory. And that there has been other members reporting flaws in QC in the new top mounts. Until someone proves to me otherwise (which will be VERY tough because I hold Sprank in high regards as both a forum member and vendor) either him or Process West will be getting my $$$.

I don't think he's saying that.. It sounds like the mounts sprank and the others are selling, those kinds, had a defective batch get returned to the factory, and now OTHER people are selling those, AS IF they were straight from Cnt/erz/ism/sprank.

Maybe not?

No, he's saying that Mike is selling a defective product. Oh, and mike isn't selling these any more due to the poor reviews of the FMS Knockoffs. Yes Knockoffs, if no one remembered it's still based off of the Process West IC, but is far from the same.

Mike is not only my former neighbor and someone i consider my friend but, also the only one I will let work on my LGT. I highly doubt knowing Mike's attention to detail and straight forwardness that he would ever intentionally sell BS parts or attempt defraud anyone if thats what is being implied.

I trust you all. If it looks like the FMS, it probably is just like it. CNT just let me know two days ago these had arrived. So, I have yet to test them myself. They also have a FMIC, but I asked to be able to fit test that before advertising it to LGT owners. I am already advertising it to WRX/STi owners. Possibly it too is a FMS identical product. I honestly do not know.

Due to the success of the CNT down pipes, I had high hopes.

If you want to be a "guinea pig" xero I will hook you up with a even steeper discount for the trial.

Checked out the FMS TMIC.

Yes, it looks exactly the same. Even the verbage I was given by CNT is the same as FMS. So, I am going to say they are the same without even testing.

I have no info on fit yet. But I did see a pic of a FMS installed. Please let me know of any issues encountered.

At least the price is a lot lower.

Long story. Product pulled until testing by forum member complete. Test product arrives at members house tomorrow.

Looks like kudos to Mike as he put the brakes on this quick with only one discounted unit shipped out for evaluation.

I have a feeling this is going to get bad. Not sure how m sprank deserves this thread? As per those quotes ^, doesn't look like anything bad was said.

My FMS uppipe did fit like crap while my CNT DP fit perfect. Just saying though..

^PLUS ONE, my FMS uppipe fit like garbage, but was told that's strange and I was the first case when I contacted "FMS".

Out of everything though, I don't think vendor's (Who pay this forum) should be calling other vendors out without a PM first, even if the item is a knock-off and he was selling it anyways. Which I and quite a bit of other member's think is a very false accusation.

Archived