LegacyGT.com

Opinions on how long my clutch will last?

So my clutch has kind of been on a down hill slide for the last few months and i was on the way to work the other morning rolling at about 60 and just kind of leaned on the gas, as soon as i hit 10-12 psi boost the clutch slipped. I have been driving it since (that was last friday) and have the parts but will not have time to get to replace it for at least another week.. So my question is if anybody has drove much after theres started slipping?

You should be fine. Just ease on to the throttle instead of punching it. I drove on a slipping clutch for a few months, while I pieced together a multitude of parts that I wanted to install while the tranny was out.
Slammed more than your girlfriend.

It's typically best not to rely on something that is in an active state of failure.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I drove on my slipping clutch for a couple months until I was driving around a boss from Toronto one day and we almost didn't make it up a steep hill from a standing start.

He laughed and told me to have it fixed by the next time he was out in vancouver.

I immediately got a package ordered up from Fred Beans Parts.

Worlds of difference compared to the OEM clutch even when it was brand new and working fine.

In the end, the 05 clutches were not meant to survive for too long with engine power output higher than stock. Stage 2 will nuke an OEM clutch in due time.

i believe changes were made to the 07s and Spec Bs (of course) and they handled more power, but a high percfentage of the modded 05s on this forum have needed to upgrade by now.

Thanks everyone, I have been stage 2 for a couple months with a couple launches at the drag strip and some spirited mountain cruises so i knew it was only a matter of time it just happened to be a bad time. Like i said i have all the parts in the trunk but the shop where i do all of my work is a friends and he is working on a 55 chevy wagon and will have the lift tied up for about another week...

Archived