LegacyGT.com

Let the Tebow era begin!

NormanAbsher

I'm happy about it. I've been more on the side of supporting Orton until sitting in the stands this last Sunday and watching Orton. He is so unwilling to run.. the Chargers were baiting him and gave him several opportunities to pick up chunks of yards in a run and slide and he just wouldn't do it. He is very one-dimensional.. traditionally pretty accurate and safe but rarely inspirational and gets worse as games go on. His win-loss record is unimpressive and his ability to lead a team in the 4th quarter is even worse.

So, it's Tebow time. I'm happy about that. I don't know if he is the answer but at least we'll find out. He may be no better than Orton. Maybe worse, who knows. But he personally lays it out on the line all the time and he motivates people. That may not be enough if he doesn't have the skills. We are officially in a losing season, so nothing to lose and Tebow could provide excitement to some of the upcoming losses. Cautiously optimistic here.. ;)

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

I was very pro-Orton myself. If we are going to be losing games anyway, might as well give Tebow some experience. Too bad we already won a game or I would say get rid of them all and pick up Luck.

He is so unwilling to run.. the Chargers were baiting him and gave him several opportunities to pick up chunks of yards in a run and slide and he just wouldn't do it. He is very one-dimensional..

While I was rooting for the Chargers this weekend, I did notice this and commented on his tentativeness. There were several times the field was wide open in front of him and he could have slid into a first down.

I supported Orton/coaching staff, but the first half of the game against the Chargers did me in just like everyone else. It's Tebowner time.

I say keep him in there the rest of the year and start entirely fresh at QB next year if he can't compete. Orton and Quinn are both in the last year of their contracts here so consider them gone after this season anyway.

I'd love to be Brady Quinn.. sitting around never doing shit sleeping with a complete babe and making so much cash.. send me to any team ill do it

+1

:)

TEBOW!! Im excited, Orton was mediocre at best this season, so its nice to see a change up. It was awesome to see the crowd and the team come alive when Tebow went in - even though it was a loss.

• 1 month later...

Bring on Thursday night football vs. the Jets! Not optimistic about a Broncos win but who knows. Can't wait.

Until then, enjoy this crappy entertaining video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfHKs7HLUoc&feature=player_embedded]Super Fans (Tim Tebow Song) - YouTube[/ame]

My '05 LGT

Tebow can't throw. But then again it took John Elway a couple years to get accustomed to what his offensive line could do and to the pace of Professional football. But I really enjoy the energy and drive that Timmy brings the Broncos. Kyle makes good decisions but when he's in the team just seems like they're expecting defeat. When Timmy is playing you can just feel how much he wants to win the game, even if he has to do it himself (and often tries). I used to be a nay-sayer, and am now a believer. Can we get a thread of people Tebowing in comical situations?

I think Tebow will be much improved with a full off season of working on his throwing mechanics. You can't last too long in the NFL taking on linebackers head on as a QB. I do like his game though, its fun to watch (in the 4th qtr that is) I hope he keeps winning and makes his critics eat crow.

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

Oh god. Tebow is not a qb and should be put into a running position only. He can not throw a 5-15 yd pass, but he can throw a long bomb. Quin is good, just that no one wants to try him out for a season. Tebow is a fade and will be done in a couple of years. He will get hit many times and start to say. Wow i wish i could throw more. He is a washed up college qb and will always be a washed up college qb that runs more than throwing.

Damn 6 more days until Tebow time. Crap. Good thing there are new videos every week. Enjoy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buuQko27wHk]Moving Like Tebow (Bernie Remix) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ibtwgAF5fA]Tebow is Just Alright (Tim Tebow Song) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXkYTQxS38s]Tim Tebow- All I Do Is Win - YouTube[/ame]

My '05 LGT

^^ Several things to consider, but they all center around the fact that he is a ball control machine.

1) He rarely turns the ball over. Did you know he has the best INT% in the league (0.8%)? Yes, better than Aaron Rodgers (1.2%)

2) If you consider his runs as "passes to himself", his "completion pct" goes up dramatically and is one of the best in the game.

3) Running eats the clock a lot more than passing, which means the opposition gets around 1 or 2 less possessions per game. That is taking away scoring opportunity for the other offense and keeping our own defense resting.

It is definitely a work in progress though.. but he has GOT to complete more passes despite the points I've made. I'm not sold that he should be the QB in 2012, but if he can improve on how he is doing in the passing game, I'd love to see him return.

My '05 LGT

• 3 months later...
Mixed feelings, but overall it is a good move. I'll always be a Tebow fan but am a Bronco fan first. Tebow's value will probably never be higher than now and we can attract some receivers now.

My '05 LGT

I'd personally like to see the Broncos keep Tebow on. He isn't exactly a top 10 or even top 15 quarterback, but he has the potential to do well. With help from a QB like Manning, the Broncos could be unstoppable for the next 15 years give or take a few. Tebow isn't the best, but he's got potential. Add in Manning's experience, and you've got a great opportunity on your hands.

Archived