LegacyGT.com

Best place to put a jack on a 07 LGT

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/front-jack-location-138762.html?t=138762&highlight=jack+points

My car is low and I got a front lip. I usually use pieces of wood underneath my tires to raise it a bit for me to roll the jack underneath. Or I use a small jack, jack one side up, then slide the bigger jack underneath.

Or just about any place where it looks solid. When I had the tranny out for 3 month's I had 4, 6 ton jackstands under the frame rails. The car was about 23" off the ground. I was able to use a creeper and slide around under with ease.

When I was working on the tranny or replacing the rear diff I would move those two stands out to the tie down points or the jacking points mentioned above.

When using the frame rails the car would only touch 3 of the stands. The chassis is that stiff. I did take the time to find small block of wood to take up the space.

FWIW, The car was on the stands during the high winds we had back in late June. It never moved. (Tornadoe's in the area). Thinking about it now, I was under the during that time. I remember the heavy rains and staying under the tranny area to try and stay dry.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yeah I have jack stands. Thanks for the info. I'm always worried about where to place my jack and this will the first time I'm going to change the oil in the LGT myself. First time the dealer did it.

Anything I should know about changing the oil in this car? How to get the filter off, etc...?

If you need a filter wrench, there isn't room for the strap type- get an end cap wrench of the appropriate size; also might want to have a couple extra popits on hand for for the little window hatch in the undertray that allows access to the filter...

For future oil changing ease, consider the Fumoto drain valve. Have fun!

When you put the new oil filter on don't over tighten it. You should be able to remove it by hand.

For this simple job just use the jacking point behind the passenger side front tire. Then put a jack stand under the inner LCA bolt and lower the car into it.

X2 for the Fumoto drain valve, makes life a lot easier.

It a big help for taking oil samples too.

Some of us like to know how our engines and oils are doing.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Forgot about the drain plug, def going to pick one up.

Any suggestions on an end cap wrench? I had one, but after a few changes on the Impreza it stripped, damn plastic. I had a tough time getting the filter off after a change at the dealer. I currently have a wrench style, not the strap. Impreza I can come in down from from the hood and grip it on the side.

As for the screw driver, would there even be room to punch it through and then get any torque to twist it?

Forgot about the drain plug, def going to pick one up.

Any suggestions on an end cap wrench? I had one, but after a few changes on the Impreza it stripped, damn plastic. I had a tough time getting the filter off after a change at the dealer. I currently have a wrench style, not the strap. Impreza I can come in down from from the hood and grip it on the side.

As for the screw driver, would there even be room to punch it through and then get any torque to twist it?

I have taken some double back masking tape and wraped it inside the metal strap wrench and then put a piece of 80 grit sandpaper on it.

If oil filter is stubborn, you can always stab a screwdriver into it.

Can always tap with a hammer to assist if there's not enough room.

Messy!!! I have an airtool that takes off oil filters off, it clamps on it. Awesome!

Where is the best place to position a standard floor jack when lifting an 07 LGT?

I usually just put it right underneath the driver or passenger seat.

... all kidding aside there's a center jack point right behind the plastic shroud. It's sort of hard to see if you're lifting your car the first time. It would probably help to have two or four 2x4s to drive your car onto. Gives you about an extra 2 inches to worth it and a much better field of view. The jack point for the rear is the rear diff.

Archived