LegacyGT.com

tint and bubbles question

Got my windows tinted in March (still cold weather), I had small tiny bubbles in the rear window mainly. They went away, it took approximately 2-3 months, I park in a garage at work so no sun light on the car all day. Once the weather got warmer I parked outside in the sun light and it went away in no time. Heat/Sun should fix it, be patient, I wasn't and kept calling the installer. Not sure if the tint type takes longer, I have huper optik tint and they said it would take longer.

I have huper optik tint and they said it would take longer.

Nice tint. Have you noticed any problem with reception? (radio, cellphone, gps, etc.) That's what I was going to get but I was afraid it might interfere with GPS reception and went with Llumar CTX instead.

Nice tint. Have you noticed any problem with reception? (radio, cellphone, gps, etc.) That's what I was going to get but I was afraid it might interfere with GPS reception and went with Llumar CTX instead.

I honestly haven't had any issues with it. I read that it could cause problems with radio, cellphone, etc. but I honestly haven't had any interference at all. My good friend and neighbor got the same tint on his newly purchased G37x coupe and he hasn't had any problems either. Only thing that took time was the rear window to dry out. I think its the best tint you can get, we both have black leather interior and at night you can't see inside at all and its legal. Looks good during the day as well when the sun hits off it. If you have the extra money to spend i'd recommend it for sure.

I honestly haven't had any issues with it. I read that it could cause problems with radio, cellphone, etc. but I honestly haven't had any interference at all. My good friend and neighbor got the same tint on his newly purchased G37x coupe and he hasn't had any problems either.

Thanks for the info. Interference was the only reason why I didn't go with Huper, but I'll probably give it a shot on my next car.

Thanks for the info. Interference was the only reason why I didn't go with Huper, but I'll probably give it a shot on my next car.

Not the greatest pic (taken with an older phone) but gives you an idea of what the Huper looks like on my car during the day with the reflection bouncing off it, this is legal tint also (I think 35%). At night it sort of transforms into a plain dark tint to the eye where you can't see inside that much

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/9974/img00083201106041642.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

How's the heat rejection?

Really good, it was one of the reasons I went with it to help with the black leather interior I have. The front windshield has no tint whatsoever so it can heat up from the front, otherwise it does a really good job. Only thing I don't like with Subaru and my buddies G37x is the frame less windows, regardless of tint I always feel like i'm going to damage the film, but I've yet to have any problems with it.

How's the heat rejection? It was the main reason I was looking at the Huper because it was supposed to be the best at it.

For the price of Huper Optik tint, you can definitely find some lower priced films from Solar Gard or other brands and get great heat rejection.

Really good, it was one of the reasons I went with it to help with the black leather interior I have.

Cool. Thanks.

For the price of Huper Optik tint, you can definitely find some lower priced films from Solar Gard or other brands and get great heat rejection.

The CTX I have now has been pretty good, but Huper is supposed to be the best when it comes to heat rejection at a lighter tint. Living in Chicago, I only went 50% because I'd rather not get pulled over.

Archived