LegacyGT.com

A couple of FLKC questions

MasAyinde

I've been trying to figure out some issues with some knock I've been seeing right after shifting, which is insanely frustrating to attempt to tune out. To that end, I've run into some questions that I have about FLKC

1) In my tune, I have FLKC disabled below 1800 RPM and 1.1 load. Does this mean that it is only supposed to be disabled when both of these conditions are met? I have some fine learning at .8 load and 2100 RPM, and I figured that the ECU would ignore fine learning at that load.

2) Does FLKC go by cells in the LV table or by cells in the timing map?

3) Is there any logic as far as how much FLKC there is before the IAM is reduced or is it pretty much up to the ECU?

Log boost error where this happens. If you go into negative numbers (which is boost exceeding targets) the ECU tries to protect you via FLKC, but IAM is not effected. You can pull any amount of timing from your tables and still see this. The answer is to increase boost targets in affected areas or reduce initial WGDC.

FLKC values are stored in the tables Learning View reads. You can change the ranges if you like.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I'll post what I have seen, so it may not be totally true all the time.

1.) No idea, but I guess you already have your answer.

2.) It seems to be applied based on the LV table setup.

3.) I'm not sure what the logic is, but I've had -4.2 learned knock in a particular cell and my DAM stayed at 1.0

Log boost error where this happens. If you go into negative numbers (which is boost exceeding targets) the ECU tries to protect you via FLKC, but IAM is not effected. You can pull any amount of timing from your tables and still see this. The answer is to increase boost targets in affected areas or reduce initial WGDC.

FLKC values are stored in the tables Learning View reads. You can change the ranges if you like.

What I'm seeing is not a result of boost error in particular cells. I have passed through those cells repeatedly and have no issues. The only time I see knock in my log is immediately after a shift. Sometimes this is the result of being too lean (even with tip-in enrichment that is 150% of the stock value) or what I suspect is a problem with my motor and/or tranny mounts.

OK good, just trying to save you the frustration of chasing down timing problems that are actually related to boost.

Try using less tip-in enrichment. I know it's counter-intuitive but I've seen too much cause problems.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Son of a bitch, somehow my rear O2 sensor worked its way loose, guess the connector wasn't all the way in. I think the connector was dragging on the ground because it has completely frayed off just leaving the bare wires. I'm really hoping that this is what is causing some of the problems that I'm seeing.

Archived