LegacyGT.com

Cage pics for members

DrewBG5

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
go on. If it makes you feel better my seat belts keep my head from hitting the front cross bar.

Unless you have a harness in the car, you can definitely still hit your head on the RHO, and you definitely shouldn't have a harness in a car you drive on the street.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Unless you have a harness in the car, you can definitely still hit your head on the RHO, and you definitely shouldn't have a harness in a car you drive on the street.

Now why shouldnt i have harness on a car i drive on the streets?

Is it a 5/6 point harness?
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

And just an FYI I got the cage to stiffen up the chassis not for safety.

Wait... what?

What did you do to stiffen it already that you ended up putting a cage in for "performance" reasons? I've never heard of someone putting in a cage without safety as the primary reason.

Is that Cusco's intended application for the cage?

I dont know what youre getting at

Seriously? Ok... there is no fire crew to bail you out within 45 seconds of rolling over. You do not want to be upside down in a 6 point harness with no help to GTFO if something happens.

Have you stopped to check up on the concerns being raised? So far you've said you're using a cage for decidedly unorthodox reasons, and you think it's not possible for the cage to have integrity issues to because it is made by Cusco. You also decided people hate you because they questioned the integrity of the cage.

You have got to start thinking more clearly and critically about what you do to your car. You're going to hurt yourself.

Wait... what?

What did you do to stiffen it already that you ended up putting a cage in for "performance" reasons? I've never heard of someone putting in a cage without safety as the primary reason.

Is that Cusco's intended application for the cage?

Seriously? Ok... there is no fire crew to bail you out within 45 seconds of rolling over. You do not want to be upside down in a 6 point harness with no help to GTFO if something happens.

Have you stopped to check up on the concerns being raised? So far you've said you're using a cage for decidedly unorthodox reasons, and you think it's not possible for the cage to have integrity issues to because it is made by Cusco. You also decided people hate you because they questioned the integrity of the cage.

You have got to start thinking more clearly and critically about what you do to your car. You're going to hurt yourself.

Oh im well aware of what the dangers are even before people got concerned. Not once did i say it might not have structure issues just that i trust the people who made it. The only person that has been questioning me was BAC5.2 and to be honest i appreciated his concern, other members thought it would be fun to talk shit. If i get caught upside down in a fire its no harder to get out of my harness then a regular seat belt, might even be easier.

Help me out here. What's the difference?

One thing i said, and one thing i didnt. They have been building cages for quite some time now and im sure they have put quite a bit of R&D into them. Thats why i said i trust them. Why would they sell a product that couldnt withstand what it was designed for?

Unbelievable.

I'm just shocked that I care more about your safety than you seem to.

Who in their right mind would drive a car on the street with a roll cage, and a full harness? Despite the fact that it's illegal, it's just dangerous. I thought that was common sense?

I'm with HD. Pecans aren't my favorite.

Oreo's and milk are the best.

The best non-milk cookie: Thin Mint. Does not get better, no it does not.

Archived