LegacyGT.com

just wanna say WOW

That car could have been moved around some while it was "sitting", such as simple drives around the block & such. Plus it's been repaired too. The damn thing looks MINT & probably feels as such. I'd attack the headgaskets & water pump IMMEDIATELY. MLS means that overheating issues would never exist...

• I Donated
If i lived In TX i would buy that right now.. lol

Texas is even further away from that car then you are right now.

You have lost your mind.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

29k?

Its spent most of its life sitting. Its not good to let cars sit for long.

^^^Brok, In your opinion how often should you drive a car so that it will not

Develop "issues" due to non usage. I know that gas can actually go bad and that tires can rot but that takes years of neglect.

I like that red LGT that's there only I Love my 5MT in my BD! I wouldn't budge for more then 4k on that car....too many things need to get done to it.

• I Donated

There are multiple issues that can happen from letting a vehicle sit for too long.

-bad gas

-dry rotted seals

-bad oil (oil goes bad after it sits for too long...becomes kinda chunky)

-suspension bushing damage

-strut damage

-tire flat spots

-tire dry rot

-cooling system corrosion

-probably other stuff that I can't think of off the top of my head.

With the tires / suspension stuff....all of that is designed to move on a frequent basis. I've seen struts / shocks that sat for a year with the weight of the vehicle on them...and they rusted in place (here in GA, NOT a rust state). Over time, anti-freeze and water will seperate (but it does take quite some time)...and that can lead to corrosion in the cooling system.

With the oil, you will develop untold kinds of sludge in the engine...possibly clogging oil passages, etc.

Obviously, gas goes bad after sitting for so long.

blah blah blah blah blah.

Not to mention, an older car with that low mileage tells me two things.

1 - it wasn't driven very often...so it sat around without being used more then it should have

2 - when it was used, it was used on short trips. 30k miles of short 5 minute drives = probably about 150k miles of highway driving. Most of your engines wear and tear happens while you start the car, and during its warm up period.

Most of that stuff is not really any big deal, and it can all be easily avoided. Go drive the car for 10 miles once a week or something...and change the oil every couple of months REGARDLESS of how little miles are on it. Don't keep a full tank of gas...Only keep enough in it for your 10 mile trip. That way it always has fresh gas in it. Doing frequent 10 mile drives will also prevent flat spots in the tires and damage to the bushings / struts.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
Yeah. Low mileage on an old car always raises suspicion. This is the reason why I never buy the car that granny drove 2 miles a month for the past 15 years. That 1995 model car that only has 20,000 miles on it is a problem child lol

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Archived