LegacyGT.com

For all you dubstep newbs

bmx045

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You don't have to care for rap, just respect when an artist is iconic like TCQ. I doubt any of these dubstep "artists" will be memorable in 10 years. 2Pac has been dead for 15 years and even today everyone still knows who he is. Even someone who doesn't like rap has to respect the fact that he was an icon. That's how I define "good" music.

You don't have to care for rap, just respect when an artist is iconic like TCQ. I doubt any of these dubstep "artists" will be memorable in 10 years. 2Pac has been dead for 15 years and even today everyone still knows who he is. Even someone who doesn't like rap has to respect the fact that he was an icon. That's how I define "good" music.

I think your metric is deeply flawed.

I still remember Snow, decades later. That's not a good thing...

^ That. Is just horrible.

As for dubstep in general, yes, there are different flavors of it. Just like in rock and hip hop, there are different elements. Most of what has been posted on the first page, I like. Whether it be a fad, one-hit-wonders or what-have-yous, I like 'em. Different strokes for different folks, or what has been said countless times here on this very forum: "to each their own".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDYIdBZUl2Y]Mt Eden Dubstep - Still Alive - YouTube[/ame]

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

^ That. Is just horrible.

As for dubstep in general, yes, there are different flavors of it. Just like in rock and hip hop, there are different elements. Most of what has been posted on the first page, I like. Whether it be a fad, one-hit-wonders or what-have-yous, I like 'em. Different strokes for different folks, or what has been said countless times here on this very forum: "to each their own".

great chillin track right there

Archived