LegacyGT.com

Saving gas by disconectin AWD

kopke

Someone talkt about that Posters' should be treated that way based on their responses so i'll try to responde properly

Fyrst off to thoes who sugest that I shud get a chivic. I, unlike most of you have to drive on a gravel rode several times every year. Abaout 80 miles total a trip.

Second. MPG's IS a big topic to all who drive alot. And maby it has to be takin in consern that wher I live in bloddy Iceland the gas prise is littel difrent then in V8 land. By rusty colculation the prise per liter is 116 Isk ( yust about a dollar) in the U.S. but the gas prise in Iceland is 235 Isk. Yes we are talking dubbel the prise. Remember that the next time you are ranting about gas prise. And yust to be clear, Iceland is not somewher deap in Asia/Africa (dooo about africa, hens the name of the place)

http://mapsof.net/map/where-is-iceland-located

Third. Thanks to TheWeatherWarrio and some ohterer fore a proper, helpfull responde.

Chears from 66°North 21°W

We dont care about the price of fuel in Iceland or how Iceland isn't Asia. No matter how much fuel costs you still are seeking the most fuel efficient option so...

Drive less aggressively with AWD

or

Buy a vehicle that has a higher MPG rating

btw: feeling safer in rain is true: my fwd car spins its tires very easily when making right turns from stop at traffic lights,

I have the same problem when I give the wagon about 1/2 throttle. dame it, having 300ftlbs of torque.

I did get 27mpg on the dash display Saturday driving to and from Long Island in the 09 SpecB at Cobb stage 1. That's good enough for me. I only 90+mph a couple of times, sat in traffic on I95 for 5 min's or so too.

OP you need to understand that us with lots of post help out here much more then we hurt. After all he did put a smiley face in his post.

A lot of us have been your for sometime, we know who we can and can't be nasty to. Over-all this is a great forum with lots of helpful people.

If I were you, I wouldn't waste my time trying to make these cars fwd.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I doubt it's possible. And even if it was, I'm sure it would take a heck of a lot more work then just disabling a fuse.

The older Subs you would just disconnect the fuse on the firerwall in the engine bay.

This was meant for if the car was going to be towed.

Archived