LegacyGT.com

Input please on my Learning View

BigTDogg MA

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Negative. The under IC T-hose is great, every vac line I could see was connected. I need to snag a tool before I can take off my TMIC again. My new VF52 has a stripped hole on the compressor outlet, so it uses a bolt and nut. I need a pair of nut pliers to hold the nut below to remove.

However, I don't have a screw where the water pipe mounts to the compressor outlet. Is that a through or blind hole?

http://dbtuned.com/pics/Garage%20Sale/VF52a.jpg

Not my exact turbo, just a google image search

Learning%2520View_SS_A2WC522N_2013-05-20%252014%252057%252011.jpg

Any input on where my vac leak may be?

I am having similar issue, my car throws P0171 randomly. I checked for vacuum hoses and such and everything seems to be tight - blue T connector was clamped long time ago, recently had BMB's BP TMIC kit installed. During the install I found the turbo inlet clamp was a bit loose, so I fix that but car threw another P0171 after that. I do run AVO panel filter but car was tuned with it and I didn't have any issues with the tune for at least a year.

I will try to find latest LV screenshot and post here.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Here is the LV I have got. Looks like I got either a massive air leak, or faulty MAF sensor?

1841842033_LearningView_SS_5-19-2013124004PM.jpg.d21f9b435e9c459e66f0a556f64fdf7e.jpg

• Moderators

For either of you:

When I was chasing down my leak I replaced my MAF to see if that was the issue. It wasn't, so I have an extra MAF sensor in working condition on the shelf. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

BigT: I don't know about that screw hole sorry. Can you get a piece of wire or something in there just to see if it goes through or not--or just shine a bright light in the area with you have the TMIC off next, see if light goes through...

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

For either of you:

When I was chasing down my leak I replaced my MAF to see if that was the issue. It wasn't, so I have an extra MAF sensor in working condition on the shelf. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

BigT: I don't know about that screw hole sorry. Can you get a piece of wire or something in there just to see if it goes through or not--or just shine a bright light in the area with you have the TMIC off next, see if light goes through...

I did an extensive google search, and it appears not to be. I think it's just a standard M6x1.0 so I'll toss a screw in there anyway.

I'm going to pull my MAF at lunch and measure the o-ring. Tried to get one at the dealer last night they don't even have a PN for it. I'll just snag one from McMaster. My mechanic will get the car next tuesday, so if I don't find the leak I'm hoping he will.

Oh my another one ... I have had some issues myself with fuel trims after my stg 2 mods. Changed top and bottom tgv gaskets, o2 sensors, maf sensor, spark plugs and i'm about to replace the real culprit finally, my fuel injectors... But in my case only my idle trim was out of wack.

Good for you! Hope this is it.

I've got it twice on long trip to New Hampshire and back over the weekend. damn.

I want the ECU to have time to pick up codes, then I'll reflash my current map with P0301 turned back on. I had shut it off because it was annoying and I knew about the issue. I'll pull a LV prior to reflashing to confirm the fix. Motive Auto and Alberto is a stand up dude, fixed the error at no charge.

Archived