LegacyGT.com

The Move In Begins. Infamous Performance New Home.

m sprank

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alright, 10th it is. I would like to come in early again, with synthetic fluids, Mobil1 5w-20, spark plugs. And you said you will get some genuine fluids from Honda/Acura right?

Yes sir. Brother in law is head mechanic at Honda Escondido. I already have a wholesale account set up with them. They are right around the corner from us on Auto Park way.

Yes sir. Brother in law is head mechanic at Honda Escondido. I already have a wholesale account set up with them. They are right around the corner from us on Auto Park way.

Sounds good Mike. And I will have the money for the rims as well :)

Reeeaaally late to this thread since I dont belong in SoCal :lol:

Just wanted to say congrats on the new home, Mike! Wish I could service my car there. Run by people who are honest and know their stuff.

Love the banner btw ;)

Mike,

Can you provide a Koni/Swift turn key swap? I'd rather buy it all from you and I suppose oem struts will be needed and your skills to modify those oem struts to receive the Konis also. The actual install in the car I can handle.

Thx,

Drew

I would say expect to pay about $1k. But there are internet whores out there that sell Konis below wholesale. So, you could search up a deal.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

I can Drew. Have done it before. Do you have your OEM top hats? Because the Konis will want OEM GT top hats, not SpecB ones.

But I need top hats, and perches and washers up front and top hats and perches in the rear along with bump stops and dust covers. So, unless there are donors (we could search the classifieds) it gets real expensive replacing all those OEM parts.

Tokicos are a viable second option. They use SpecB top hats and they are bolt in. Very adjustable. I have run those too and been very happy. Even mated to Swifts. Tokico's are JDM models for our cars. So, they mate to Swifts nicely.

might be in the hunt for a set o sway bars to go with the new suspension...I have the set up at 1/2 turn from soft on the front and 3/4 in the back from soft. getting a little too much lean in long sweepers at higher speeds. any suggestions? I don't want to have much more than I have currently which are stock...maybe just a rear upgrade. really need advise as I'm really looking to fine tune the set up.

Also, what's your thoughts on cooler thermostats? been getting warm when I'm driving hard. probably from the 5eat. I do have a trans cooler already. Wondering what you experiences are...

thanks!

160deg t-stat is not normally needed. There are different ideas on if they are good or bad even in a race motor.

All it will do is make the fans run more. If the system does not have the efficiency needed, it wont do anything.

I have 2 sets of used Cusco bars available. Also have New Hotchkis bars available.

I wasn't sure if I needed that stat either. Can the fans be turned on earlier via a tune? How do you turn them on sooner? Also what size are the cusco bars and do you recommend replacing both with my current set up? PM me a price please.

Dont you have KB's already?

$250 for a set of used Cusco bars (picked up).

Fans turn on via a temp sensor. Not tunable AFAIK. There are two speeds for the fans too. Because the stat will open sooner, the fans will run more. But at some point more fan does nothing. Unfortunately there are no drop in aftermarket radiators for a 5EAT. We need to re-route the cooler lines and install an aftermarket cooler with a MT radiator.

Archived