LegacyGT.com

Red Beast gets new shoes!!!

red beast

SUBARU SPEC B 3.0R, 18x7, 24.5 lbs., 55mm offset.

First of all i would like to thank Kevin from http://www.kingofimports.com/index1.asp for getting the rims from Japan in a timely and professional manner. He was tracking my "quadruplets" from the get go and even had pics sent from Japan. the rims clear the brakes easily but because i miscalculated on the offset i will need to put on h&r 15mm hubcentric wheel spacers.

the tires, for now, are continental contisport contacts, summer/rain tires, size 225/45/zr18, outside diameter of 25.9”, 23 lbs, and a overall section width of 8.9”. they corner a lot better than the re92a but then, what doesn’t?

after the 15mm (0.5906”) spacers go on I’ll look at changing the tires to a 27” dia. and a width of 9.8” to fill in the gaps and no i’m not interested in dropping the car. I like the height of the car and I think the car would look better with bigger tires. The wheel studs will have to be replaced with the ones that come with the spacers.

Also I like to thank Jason at liberty subaru for getting the tire pressure sensors at a nasioc/legacygt discount.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/423426/newredbeastrims3.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/423426/newredbeastrims1.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/423426/newredbeastrims2.jpg

Hey Red,

you call it a 3.0 rrr........is this the same model sold as an "Outback Sedan"? My local Subaru dealer had a white 3.0 Outback Sedan on the lot a couple weeks ago. Frankly, I thought it was horrid looking. Just too strange being lifted for off-roading with that huge gap in the wheel wells. Or is there another version of the 3.0 sedan sold under the "Legacy" banner? I can't make out the rear badging from the pic.

Don't get me wrong......your's is looking pretty sweet. Those new wheels are really hot. Wouldn't have thought that bright silver would match so well with that tint of red. And the mesh grill helps a lot. I must admit, that big gap still bothers me. But hey, it's your ride and it looks fine.

Look nice. You say the wheels are 55mm offset. I thought that would be ideal. Why do you need 15mm spacers?

stock offset is 48mm. the higher the number the further it's off from center.

so 55mm-48mm=7mm closer. with tires that are 8.9" wide it just misses the palstic cover at the REAR shock tower by a tit hair.

add 15mm spacer i'll be at 8mm out from the wheel well compaired to stock.

8mm = 0.315" not that much but enough to get tires that are 9.8" wide and back to the 27" dia. stock size.

Hey Red,

you call it a 3.0 rrr........is this the same model sold as an "Outback Sedan"? My local Subaru dealer had a white 3.0 Outback Sedan on the lot a couple weeks ago. Frankly, I thought it was horrid looking. Just too strange being lifted for off-roading with that huge gap in the wheel wells. Or is there another version of the 3.0 sedan sold under the "Legacy" banner? I can't make out the rear badging from the pic.

Don't get me wrong......your's is looking pretty sweet. Those new wheels are really hot. Wouldn't have thought that bright silver would match so well with that tint of red. And the mesh grill helps a lot. I must admit, that big gap still bothers me. But hey, it's your ride and it looks fine.

yes it's the subaru outback 3.0r sedan. i like sitting up higher so i can spit down on gt's as the fly past me :lol: when i change the wheels to the larger sizes it will look better.

here's a photochop i did awhile ago using stock tires.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/423426/beast1specbrims3rweb.jpg

Guest *Jedimaster*
Wow! About time man- but good choice! Your car looks like one bad motherfucker with those rims and grille. Just get those turn signals cleared and you're all set :cool:

stock offset is 48mm. the higher the number the further it's off from center.

so 55mm-48mm=7mm closer. with tires that are 8.9" wide it just misses the palstic cover at the REAR shock tower by a tit hair.

add 15mm spacer i'll be at 8mm out from the wheel well compaired to stock.

8mm = 0.315" not that much but enough to get tires that are 9.8" wide and back to the 27" dia. stock size.

Is your car different than the std. LGT? I thought the LGT was 55mm offset.

Nice choice, Red Beast. I like the rims.

I also like the black-out treatment on the lower cladding, and the bottom of the front bumper, and matched grille. Looks good.

I like how the fender flares, and even the body cladding on the doors looks on the sedan. If I ever find a set of bumpers that I like, that have the fender flare matching contours, I'll be adding them to my future legacy.

I may have to source a japanese Corazon rear bumper, and add bits to the sides of the K2 M5-look front bumper to mate with the front fender flares. I like those flares that much. Very well integrated, which of course OEM parts should be.

again, Nicely done, Red Beast.

after eleventy-billion posts, and he finally decided to get an OEM-based wheel. :lol:

You are running 225/45/18, and that's just a bit big for a 7" wide rim (but still doable). It's typical OEM fashion to get a 215/45/18 tire (as that's what Subaru intended with the setup).

Keefe

Keefe

after eleventy-billion posts, and he finally decided to get an OEM-based wheel. :lol:

You are running 225/45/18, and that's just a bit big for a 7" wide rim (but still doable). It's typical OEM fashion to get a 215/45/18 tire (as that's what Subaru intended with the setup).

Keefe

yep i got that info early on after i bought the rims.

bridgstone potenza re050 215/45/18, 25.7" dia, 8.5 overall width. the conti's are 25.9" and 8.9"

Archived