LegacyGT.com

Reliability on 100K+ 4th gen LGTs

mass-hole

I am seriously looking at an LGT wagon as my 2nd car. I think I want a 5mt but the only 5mt's I have found have been 100k+ miles. Should I be concerned with cars with this much mileage? How long can i expect it to last assuming it was maintained and I maintain it?

I cant vouch for the USDM stuff but have heard a few stories that the build quality is not quite as sharp as the JDM stuff...anyway most of these cars are pretty good up into huge miles/kms and unless you get a bad one you'll be good.

Plenty here with 250,000kms+ in the older shapes which keep trucking along.

Regular maintenance is the key.

Turbos / clutches wear out on any car.... like other things.

But the transmissions are stout.

If I were to buy another 2005 LGT, I'd likely find one at a great price and have money left over for a VF52 replacement for piece of mind.

Maintenance is always key with Subarus. They need their oil changes etc so that should be a factor if you can get the service history. Turbos will go at that age and things will need to be replaced especially with a car with over 100k so take that into consideration money wise. Suspension parts like bushings will be softer and specifically the lower control arm bushings should be looked at for ripping. Like Max said if the car is in good shape it will run very well even with modifications.

-Jake

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg

AIM: AZP Installs | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) | T-1 Certified Amsoil Dealer

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Archived