LegacyGT.com

GrimmSpeed Master Cylinder Brace Installation Walkthrough

Perhaps this will help.

Cosmetically speaking, we'd love to see that red cup centered on the MCB, but functionally speaking, you've got some wiggle room there. In our testing, we found chassis geometry to differ a bit from car to car, so there should be plenty of room for you to get 100% effectiveness out of the brace in any configuration.

Matt

Engineering

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps this will help.

Looked like Roke has a similar issue. I may one day switch the wire harness brace and the mcb to see if it centers it more.

I realize it's cosmetically awkward having it off-centered but should be functionally ok. Just being ocd :spin:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having this issue..the bracket lined up way left and too close to the booster to even fit the red cup in. Only reason i gave up was darkness, so back at it tomorrow. Not sure how different my car is from other but on a 2007 spec b it was necessary to take the intercooler off and then things were much easier. Maybe im just not as good as everyone else.

im definitely going to have to flatten that lower bracket i think

EDIT: Flattened the bracket that holds the fuel lines with a hammer and mounted in its original orientation except onto of the MCB instead of between it and the strut towner and just had to wiggle and bend a bit to fit. everything is in now and bracket lines up quite nicely.

I think grimmspeed should mention in the instructions somewhere that its fits fine on the legacy just make sure it lines up first and that you'll have to figure out your own idea for the fuel line bracket. I decided just to uninstall the lower bracket that holds the power cable and secured it with a zip tie

Archived