LegacyGT.com

Distinguishing the SPT short shifter

MasAyinde

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think I've got a stock lever around as well. I have the Cobb one installed. bought it from Benjii, LGT-NY a while back... hopefully I'll be selling it next year and swapping a 6 speed though...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=544184&postcount=39

this post should give you a visualization of the differences. I have not seen the STi STS, but i feel that the dimension below the pivot point should be longer, thus giving you a shorter shift. If you read through that whole thread (if youre wicked fahkin bored) then youll see how people perceive the differences and what is actually true.

I'm looking for the travel of the top of the shift knob between 1st and 2nd, height from the tip of the threaded part of the shifter to the welded bend at the pivot, and height from the bottom of the pivot to the top of the ball, if possible. I doubt you'd be able to measure the length of the linkages with it in the car.

haha wiseass. I don't know if that's true, I thought it was a difference in geometry.

Hehe. There's a limit to how high up that pivot point goes. Even with a Cobb double adjustable shifter that allows you to adjust both, there are limits due to the car, not the shifter. What happens is the linkage in the car starts hitting stuff around the edges/sides inside the shifter compartment. Hell, even with a Kartboy STS I had to sanddown/file the corner for 2nd gear because it was hitting a support plate.

did you try the DIY takeitoutandcutitdown method? I did that and I think it is 57856789674579o567283568956293^4 times better

i don't want to cut my shifter. Like I said, it's not the height that I want to change, it's the geometry for shorter throws.

I'm telling you, less effort and geometry changed, short throws same length...

http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/public/FCpJTFFpAnf5zvbaIGFW8sSRxlW7_Ri5srY283pXTMCVt74TjtvWLHpC6gr5fdc3lc_MadQjNDwH-D4YRZpxqZ1VZA6CnJindL0C4n-5qrsxjkthUIuvrRfv2woCZ68pZ_sIMoGRggjn7MFprybOaEPiIG5wPPdQjafFTg

I can take a picture of how its installed so you can see the geometry change and I can also video the throw if you want.

Archived