LegacyGT.com

Indian Food

BDII

Curry masks all flavor with awfulness, so it really doesn't matter.

uneducated blanket statement :lol:

Tilapia fo sho

thank you!

skin on or off? I'll be using a pre-made curry mix/water in a large frying pan on simmer.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

I love Indian food.

I helped an East Indian student with English when I was in college a few years ago. His Mom was so grateful for the assistance that she sent me a big pail full of vegetable samosas.. Oh wow, those are soooo delicious! The spice level had been greatly reduced from what their family normally ingested, but even at that, they'd clear the sinuses in minutes.. lol

My young son woke me up at the crack of dawn to ask, "Mom, can I have another one of those spicy things?"

If this thread ever shares recipes for easy-to-make samosa wrappers, I'd be delighted. I'd rather not fry them although I realize that's more traditional.

I'm pakistani but made in the U.S.A. ;) Theres a joke out there for people like myself... "ABCD" - American born confused desi's :lol:

This really isn't fair but my mom's cooking is amazing. That said, I don't know much about cooking it my self. But if your trying to cook a curry seasoned fish, def leave the bones and skin as it adds to flavor, now if you're making a curry like a saalun (soupy kind you eat with naan/roti) deff go with boneless/skinless as it will make for a smoother and easier eat.

Goodluck my man

I'm pakistani but made in the U.S.A. ;) Theres a joke out there for people like myself... "ABCD" - American born confused desi's :lol:

This really isn't fair but my mom's cooking is amazing. That said, I don't know much about cooking it my self. But if your trying to cook a curry seasoned fish, def leave the bones and skin as it adds to flavor, now if you're making a curry like a saalun (soupy kind you eat with naan/roti) deff go with boneless/skinless as it will make for a smoother and easier eat.

Goodluck my man

it is a bit soupy. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

just made Fish Curry

Taste of India fish curry paste

2/3 cup of water

1lbs of Tilapia (any white fish)

bring to a boil in a frying pan

reduce to simmer for 10 minutes

serve over a bed of Basmati rice.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm sure most places use premixed curry recipes so authentic is out of the question.

There's a place by my house that makes everything from scratch in the traditional fashion. Getting reservations is a nightmare but the food is phenomenal.

Archived