LegacyGT.com

What'd you do to your FIRST Gen. Subaru today?

changed my timing belt with a kit today (everything including seals, tensioner and water pump), last sunday i had started to hear an odd sound and asked here and other forums about it, then on monday the engine died and would not start, cranked but no spark so took everything off and found that the toothed pulley for the timing belt had siezed and took the belt with it (blued the inner steel race!) replaced it and not the car had no odd noise, no odd bogging down when i give it gas and is quieter then when i got it!

Apexi Power Intake. I got it from THMotorsports, a vendor here on the forum. Its for Subaru GC, BC and I think GD.

Cool. And all the vacuum lines that normally connect to the resonator hook right up to the intake?

I can't believe I never came across this intake, lol. Why bother with a coffee can mod if this is available?

Cool. And all the vacuum lines that normally connect to the resonator hook right up to the intake?

I can't believe I never came across this intake, lol. Why bother with a coffee can mod if this is available?

Cause people are too cheap to spend the $150:(

The stock resonator box has 3 nipples, 2 small and a large one for that IACV. The 2 small ones are for the stock BCS and the evap canister.

The Apexi only has 1 large for the IACV and 1 small. If you are running an MBC, you can just cap off stock BCS and use the small for evap. If you need to connect the stock BCS, just tee it off the evap line.

Its a really nice kit and fits well. I was rather impressed. I believe the filter is a dryflow type, so no oiling, just warm water and mild soap to clean it. The instructions are in Japanese and there is no discussion of the evap canister line probably because it is a USDM emissions thing.

Edited by GTEASER

The BBS was my first home. I almost miss it, but, then I remember I drive a nice car and have come up a bit. Still, roots.

I know for a fact that 04-05 STI shit should work -- any reason you can't use that?

I'd honestly take my 91 back over the 4th gen if I could turn back time. No wife, kids or gf so it was more fun. Smaller, louder, more raw.

Picture because I miss her

http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww331/TonyHamre/91%20SS/IMAG0731.jpg

I'd honestly take my 91 back over the 4th gen if I could turn back time. No wife, kids or gf so it was more fun. Smaller, louder, more raw.

Picture because I miss her

http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww331/TonyHamre/91%20SS/IMAG0731.jpg

While I do like my pretty girl now, I do miss my 1st gen. I don't see too many of the baby blue ones anymore, and certainly not sedans. I know for a fact it would have been nice to have another, reliable car to come home to, but, I made my (poor) choice. . .

Still single with no kids, maybe thats why I still own one, LOL. I don't care if they think it's ugly. I do miss it in light blue metallic but there was a lot of hail damage. When I got it, it was n/a and fwd. http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u386/onefastlt/IMG_20120624_151753_zpsrkjqy7mo.jpg http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u386/onefastlt/IMG_20120804_143640_zpsrwy9jd9w.jpg Edited by USLiberty

My new pony is a '92 Subaru Legacy L Wagon. Black with tan interior. got a good deal on it, very clean and well taken care of. Just needs a few minor things.

Pictures and further info soon. I just joined today and just bought this car 3 days ago!

So excited, cant wait to personalize her :wub:

Update:May 2, (bought on April

just found out I have a "pretty good" oil leak somewhere that drips down onto my exhaust and will need to have the front CV joint (or front axel) replaced soon. :( but, overall, I still think I got a good deal.

Edited by Owldancer
UPDATE;

MSD coil and Magnecor 8.5mm competition wires went on today. Also test fit a Grimmspeed m/c brace. Its needs a little minor modification which I will be doing soon.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/03/11478b03791cd61b7781d04ca9a9e919.jpg

tis a sad day... I can no longer hear my car over my whooshing intake.... darn compliance.... buying electric actuated exhaust cutout as soon as I pas inspection

Forester/impreza recall front control arm kit came in this morning. After returning the included balljoints to inventory it was a whopping $22 bucks! New leg gt front sway bar and bushings. Not sure though ahat to run for end links. I had 00+ rear ball and stud style on the front. Not a fan of those plastic ones. What are any other options?