LegacyGT.com

What'd you do to your FIRST Gen. Subaru today?

Started a for sale thread on NASIOC for all my turbo leggy parts.http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2699766

Someone needs all that junk, lol. The 5mt w/pedal assembly would be good for someone who wants to swap out their 4eat.

Can't even give away 22T heads these days!

Got a block today and I was wondering if there's a way to tell if the crank is nitrided or not. (Ran vin) it looks sleeved for sure. Its out of 05 turbo legacy. Its an EJ255 Edited by Abeall2
typos

I could use a lot of that stuff....but shipping would kill me!! Do u happen to have just turbo cams?

I can pull a set out of the heads and ship them to you with your pistons. A set of wrx cams weights about 16 pounds, and a 22t has only two cams so should weigh a lot less. You can have them for $25. :) I don't know if the rocker arm assembly is useful to you or not.

If anyone needs a timing kit I have one everything including a tensioner. The kit was installed on my SS right before I bought it and I put on a new one. The water pump is brand new, never installed but is for na so only one water port not two like the 22t pump. OEM belt. $50 would be a good deal for someone who needs one. Just trying to help my buds out!

Edited by monkeyposeur

They should be the same. Depends though, some of the 22es have the roller rockers but from what I read it doesn't matter since the cams are interchangeable. I'll go snap a pic or two in a minute and post it up! As soon as I'm done putting my rc helicopter back together, lol.

Sorry, I'll slow my roll.:redface:

On another note my arp head studs just arrived! I'm going to do a full 22t tear down and rebuild with the 205 heads! I'm taking a ton of pics. I wish the shop would hurry up with the headwork!

Hey, if anyone needs a turbo legacy radiator bolt I have one for sale, lol. Just kidding.

Very sweet! Envious !!! Cleaned all the oil out of the intercooler and painted it to match my engine...not yet sure if i like it now haha http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee110/bcmaxx/20150207_131600_zps0736866a.jpg

Just staying at the stock 8 for now and hoping that the mbc will smooth out a little hesitation that I get during the transition to WOT. I have an Invidia catless downpipe and V2 STi slanty intercooler that need to go on before I up the boost at all over stock levels.

What kinda boost can you expect to run on the stock ecu? say with a fmic and turbo-back exhaust. I went standalone back in 2002 and never looked back. Now, I have a friend who is installing a FMIC on his and I have no idea if there's a MAP(boost) limit on the factory ecu.

Meanwhile, finally got the rear strut tower bar installed. Big difference in the handling, it feels much more responsive in the rear. I have coilovers and even though they're firm before, it feels like the ride is better and the shocks are doing their job for effectively. I had my speaker crossovers mounted over the tower access hole so they still need to be reinstalled, out of the way. I had to open the access hole a little for clearance, but other than that it was a direct install. http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u386/onefastlt/CAM00355_zpsc1r0x0ct.jpg

Edited by USLiberty

From everything I have read, the stock ECU, maf and injectors will do 12 psi as long as there is an intercooler and AFRs are monitored. Thats probably pushing the poor little tired old VF11.

I have a lot of mods lined up so just taking this step by step to try to keep the car running well, keep power in a reasonable range for a 160k mile motor, document the improves, and slowly get to where I want to go.

If I can find a realitively low cost turbo like a 20series turbo I'll slap it on to see how it comes out. I have a tmic just not on, manual boost controllers are cheap so picking up 20-40hp fornless than 200$ seems awesome. Have fum with it Joe.

If I can find a realitively low cost turbo like a 20series turbo I'll slap it on to see how it comes out. I have a tmic just not on, manual boost controllers are cheap so picking up 20-40hp fornless than 200$ seems awesome. Have fum with it Joe.

You need to do some reading on BBS. A bigger turbo is not possible on these cars without about $1200 in supporting mods.

The MBC seems to have completely cured the little hesitation I had rolling on to full boost and WOT from 2500 rpms. I also had little stutters around 4000 rpms that are now gone, just nice smooth power delivery. It holds boost nicely all the way past 5500 rpms. The little VF11 does pretty good at 10 psi peak. Cant wait to get the Invidia catless bellmouth DP and a full 3" exhaust on it.