LegacyGT.com

Arashi TD06 turbo for 05 gt

Hi guys,

I have been debating on doing a turbo upgrade on my 05 liberty gt for some time now. I have stubbled accross a "Arashi TD06 bolt on upgrade" on eBay and I understand they probably aren't the best but I was just wondering if anyone had bought one or heard any feed back off anyone who had.

I'm looking at doing the upgrade and this is what I have budgeted for so far; turbo back exhaust 2k, fmic or tmic upgrade 1.5k, the turbo it's self I am yet to decide how much to spend. Anything else anyone can recommend upgrading e.g ecu. I am all ready running a carbon plated clutch and solid FW.

Sorry for spelling mistakes it's been a long day

Cheers

^B/C the OP has a Liberty, which puts him far, far away from BNR.

Personally, I would not buy any turbo off of Ebay if reliability is a concern. The Chinese counterfeit anything they can. They've been doing a good job at counterfeiting Holset turbos for awhile now. You get what you pay for.

I'm not sure how prices are downunda, but in the US $2000 for a full turbo back and $1500 for a tmic or even a fmic is a bit steep, unless you're going after top of the line, brand name stuff. You can probably pull a bit of money from these two and add it to your turbo fund.

^B/C the OP has a Liberty, which puts him far, far away from BNR.

I am a similar distance from BNR, but it didn't stop me getting the turbo I wanted. ;)

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

BNR eh, sounds like it could be a viable option instead of the cheapbay crap. Stop light assassin exhausts downunder for the gt are well and truly over priced unfortunately so if I want SS I am going to have to pay the coin for it :( I'll do some more looking around and see what I can find

BNR eh, sounds like it could be a viable option instead of the cheapbay crap. Stop light assassin exhausts downunder for the gt are well and truly over priced unfortunately so if I want SS I am going to have to pay the coin for it :( I'll do some more looking around and see what I can find

Just FYI, you only really need a downpipe unless you are shooting for a big build... stock CBE doesn't really hold you back much until you are running TD06 or bigger turbo...

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

With a TD06 I'd definitely step up to a FMIC, which means you do not need to shop vertical outlet turbos... you can also fit an STi-type turbo quite happily. Loads of options open to you.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived