LegacyGT.com

Meguiars ScratchX

How minor are you talking, the back wing and hood of my GT looks like a cat without its claws clipped walked all over it. I have been looking for something to fix all of the scratches.

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

It should be available off the shelf almost anywhere that carries the Meguiars line. It is quite common. I think it was less than $10 so it does not cost much to see if it works for you.

I used it on some scratches on the lower door panels that appeared to be from small rocks grazing the paint.

Tom

Guest *Jedimaster*
It does work well. I had a scratch where someone leaned with their purse and it cleaned it up very well. You can still see where it was in direct sunlight, but I'm happy with the imporvement.

Just so everybody is clear, this product is NOT for minor swirls. It is for scratches. That's why its called "ScratchX" and not "SwirlX". This is one of the most abrasive products that Meguiar's makes and not something for minor surface swirld. They make other stuff specifically for swirls. ScratchX is meant for individual scratches that you get or for removing paint swapping from door dings. Its not for swirls.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

If scratchX didn't remove it then the next step is to have it polished out by machine. If you don't have one that will work then you can take it to a detail shop and get their opinion on if its something that can be polished out or if it needs to be touched up.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Just so everybody is clear, this product is NOT for minor swirls. It is for scratches. That's why its called "ScratchX" and not "SwirlX". This is one of the most abrasive products that Meguiar's makes and not something for minor surface swirld. They make other stuff specifically for swirls. ScratchX is meant for individual scratches that you get or for removing paint swapping from door dings. Its not for swirls.

I disagree. I use Scratch X on my dark blue motorcycle to take out minor surface "swirl" or what I think of more as abrasion scratches. I have tried it on larger scratches and it does not work.

Great stuff..I would recommend it to all!

ScratchX is a polish. I have spoken to people at Meguiar's and they assure me that ScratchX is not meant to be used on the entire car. Bath towels were not meant to dry entire cars either, but people do that. If you decide to use ScratchX on your entire car then just be prepared for the results. I've seen the haze this product can create and it just puts you in a cycle of hand polishing that never ends. You'd do better with a normal polish for your swirls and a Porter Cable 7424.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived