LegacyGT.com

Wide Band (& or boost) brand personal opinions please

YourConfused

I am pretty sure I have posted the details but here is the Cliff's notes: The LC-1 is a piece of junk, it's wiring is overly complicated, the need for constant "calibration" is annoying and they tend to have very short lives. Other than that, it is the perfect wideband :lol:

They are perfect for people who like things to be fussy and hard to deal with.

Get the PLX.

Thanks for the info. :):):)

• 2 weeks later...
I am pretty sure I have posted the details but here is the Cliff's notes: The LC-1 is a piece of junk, it's wiring is overly complicated, the need for constant "calibration" is annoying and they tend to have very short lives. Other than that, it is the perfect wideband :lol:

They are perfect for people who like things to be fussy and hard to deal with.

Get the PLX.

Just to add to what Rao stated. They did replace my controller when it died no charge...:lol:

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

all lc-1 bashing aside, where are you guys mounting the controller? The thing is HUGE

Valid question as this was a factor I used to determine what solutions were viable for me and what were just a hassle to deal with.

I have to custom mount the gauges for one thing, but to have to contend with a separate 'brain' module also is just rather annoying to me.

• 2 weeks later...
AEM UEGO- doesnt need open air calibration like the LC-1 easy as hell to log with, just need to spend 5 dollars at radioshack, solder the blue wire to pin #5 on a male male serial port and ground #2 and then you can log.
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

AEM UEGO- doesnt need open air calibration like the LC-1 easy as hell to log with, just need to spend 5 dollars at radioshack, solder the blue wire to pin #5 on a male male serial port and ground #2 and then you can log.

So does the AEM come with a data table that gives voltage definitions for creating custom a logging profile for it, or is it already accepted by most software for logging purposes?

Not sure you understand my question as it is worded rather odd, sorry.

• 3 weeks later...
So does the AEM come with a data table that gives voltage definitions for creating custom a logging profile for it, or is it already accepted by most software for logging purposes?

Not sure you understand my question as it is worded rather odd, sorry.

Should I start a new thread for this? Maybe I should search. Still, if anyone has input this would be appreciated.

Also, what is the type (species) of wood grain trim suppose to be that is in our cars with the light tan leather?

i got the LC1 and mounted the module (if looking at the engine bay) right on the firewall next to the strut mounts. Lightly ziptied onto the grayish/greenish hoses. I use a VEI guage (red matched perfect) but wired the wrong LC1 output to it so it reads wrong. No complaints on the LC-1, my tuner uses it all the time its why i use it.

i got the LC1 and mounted the module (if looking at the engine bay) right on the firewall next to the strut mounts. Lightly ziptied onto the grayish/greenish hoses. I use a VEI guage (red matched perfect) but wired the wrong LC1 output to it so it reads wrong. No complaints on the LC-1, my tuner uses it all the time its why i use it.

Thanks for the input. I have gotten so busy that I bought a boost gauge 2 months ago and have not installed it yet. It is looking like it will be a couple more months before I even get a chance to get back at this endeavor again:mad:

honestly look in to the VEI dual gauges. I have one (boost and AFR) its a nice machined aluminum gauge, digital readouts and matches perfect. I only use the AFR cause i bought my Defi boost last year and love Defi so i use that for boost readings. The VEI is a quality piece and i recommend it for anyone! Sell your boost and pick up one of these duals one gauge two readouts

Seems the PLX is on sale presently if you are OK with a pre-order with some delay.

honestly look in to the VEI dual gauges. I have one (boost and AFR) its a nice machined aluminum gauge, digital readouts and matches perfect. I only use the AFR cause i bought my Defi boost last year and love Defi so i use that for boost readings. The VEI is a quality piece and i recommend it for anyone! Sell your boost and pick up one of these duals one gauge two readouts

I am currently broke, and will be for the next couple of months. I had an unexpected expense of buying 4 new tires this week. I didn't even get the ones I had been eye balling.:mad:

I have never heard of the VEI brand, but will check them out. thanks

Archived