LegacyGT.com

The "2.5 WapWapWapWap" sound.

so u still discouraged from subarus ?

Nah, I could never stray.

My next Subie will most likely be a loaded Impreza, I am thinking a 2012. They are saying that they will get 40mpg. and that is going to help me a lot because I drive a long distance to work every day.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, got it back from the dealer today. The rattling sound is the heat shield, easy fix.

The sound I was talking about is a problem with the cheap tires I got, the said I should take them back to Pep Boys and ask for a whole set of new tires. The alignment is fine as is the suspension and the wheel bearings are fine as well.

What kind of tires are they?

Well, got it back from the dealer today. The rattling sound is the heat shield, easy fix.

The sound I was talking about is a problem with the cheap tires I got, the said I should take them back to Pep Boys and ask for a whole set of new tires. The alignment is fine as is the suspension and the wheel bearings are fine as well.

http://demotivate.me/mediafiles/500/4162010103910AM_doublefacepalm.jpg

Wow :cool:

Oh yea!! check out post #3, thats what I said, tires:spin::spin::lol::lol:

:lol: I even said cheap tires in my post:lol:

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Jesus you guys are douchebags.

You can buy the same tires at Pep Boys that you can at the dealer, you can pay the dealer prices, I will go for the buy three and get one free thanks.

New tires on on, Pep Boys basically gave me a new set for free, I paid to mount them etc. Would do business with them again in a heart beat.

Sound is just about gone but of course the whapwhap is still way in the background but that is the sound of the engine, it was really just pronounced with the tire problem.

Jesus you guys are douchebags.

You can buy the same tires at Pep Boys that you can at the dealer, you can pay the dealer prices, I will go for the buy three and get one free thanks.

New tires on on, Pep Boys basically gave me a new set for free, I paid to mount them etc. Would do business with them again in a heart beat.

Sound is just about gone but of course the whapwhap is still way in the background but that is the sound of the engine, it was really just pronounced with the tire problem.

It is good they replaced them for you for free with what seems like relatively no hassle.

I guess the others on the board (including me) were thinking $50 a piece pepboy no-name brand tires. That would be the reason for the "Are you serious?!" comments. But I just looked at their website and they sell cooper and hankook. I had a set of hankooks before and i had no complaints from them. Hopefully, you got some similar brand. Otherwise, I guess people just cant imagine putting just any old set/brand of tires on their cars

But also remember, alot of members on here have GTs and wouldnt put those types of tires on their turbo sedans

Glad you got the solution figured out though

I guess everyone is more confused because, first you said it was ALL 2.5 Subarus you have ever owned. Then when you said the tires fixed it, that wouldn't really explain the argument that "all the new 2.5's" you've heard, including your fathers make the noise.

Myself, I've owned a 2.5RS Impreza, an LGT, and driven my parents '09 Forester and '11 Forester with the new Gen engine. I now have an '11 Outback with a 2.5, I have never heard anything similar to what you are alluding to.

My Outback does have some tire whine, as it has much bigger and beefier tires than I am used to (LGT). But it is nothing compared to the 31's I used to run on a Jeep.

Now EVERY Subaru I've owned (my 98L Impreza 2.2 too) have had the AWESOME Boxer growl!!

ANd yeah... people do get douchebaggy eventually when they mention valid arguments, but get the reply "DUDE all Subarus make it!" just to have the OP come back and say.... oh yeah, it was what you said in Post 3.....

Anywho, glad to see you'll stay loyal to the brand, and with the '12 Impreza, they go back to a 2.0L, so hopefully you won't get the 2.5 Wop noise you so dispise ;)

Archived