LegacyGT.com

How Many Have 6 Speed Swap

Scooby2.5

• 1 month later...
Anyone else done the swap?

What?!? You haven't done it yet? You were asking about it nearly 2 years ago! :lol: :lol:

I thought all of the 5mt's where now 6mt's and even most of the 5AT's too! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding. ;)

I don't have the swap but I can imagine a 6 speed is way better if you track your car at all the 5speed seems to have long gears. Also at 75 mph in a 5mt your basically redlining

Unfortunately the 6 speed doesn't get you a taller top gear. Unless you get custom gears installed. I think NSFW did that with his.

Unfortunately the 6 speed doesn't get you a taller top gear. Unless you get custom gears installed. I think NSFW did that with his.

There are 3 sets of 6th gear you can choose from. The JDM STi is the shortest, next is the USDM STi then the Spec B. I think you will do 60mph at 2300 rpm.

I'm considering doing the 6 speed swap along with my new engine. Engine will support up to 650 HP and 8K red line.. might as well upgrade the drivetrain to match right? lol

Are these the axles to get if I want stronger rear than Spec B axles?

http://www.driveshaftshop.com/import-axles/subaru-1992-2001-impreza-sti-gc8-except-type-r-ra-500hp-rear-axle-r180-rear

• 1 year later...

Archived