LegacyGT.com

Painting Rims.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated
You can drive for a short period of time without your tires balanced. Unbalanced tires accelerate wear on your struts, however doing it for a short time wont hurt anything.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• 4 weeks later...
its been forever I never posted pics of the rims after i started painting. so Heres primed and painted black. They're not clear coated yet.... LOL i haven't had the Money to buy it.

Yeah.... My rims where really really bad. SO I took alot of time when priming... I did about 3 thick coats on each rim.. after the first two. i sanded with 250 grit sand paper till it was nice and smooth then I put on the third coat. then again with 250. then to make it really nice i hit it with wet 2000 Now I'm going for two coats of paint. But i ran out of paint on the last two wheels. So i gotta get more. But I'm sanding each coat with the 2000 to make it come out really good. When i clear it. I'm gonna do about 3 coats and wet sand each coat. Doing that makes it come out looking really good. Or so i hear.

Archived