LegacyGT.com

ive got this friend who recently got a camaro z28 and he wont shut up and talks about how fast it is and how itll blow the doors off me and my friends cars now i havent said anything cuz ik for a fact tht my stock legacy isnt gunna win that fight. but my other friend is rebuilding his motor at the moment in his honda civic hes rebuilding the motor from ground up and is even putting in a GReddy Turbo Kit he had in his old motor. and we all seem to agree that his civic will win. and when we tell my friend with the camaro he wont listen he thinks just cuz hes got a 350 hes a bad ass pretty funny tbo hes spent 3600 for the car and 2000 2 days later for a new tranny and clutch so all together 5600 and my friends civic cost 1000 for car and all the parts and motor hes bought for the rebuild hes up to 2500 total price 3500 2100 less than hes camaro. the civic weighs a s**t ton less than the camaro and will easily be pushing 300 hp , and still be running at 200k + miles and will have a full tank of gas at the end of the race ,and have spent half the money to get there. im sorry for the rant its just i cant stand people who think just becuz they have a big motor there gunna win

Hmmmm.... It would have been easier to read if it was written in a more normal way in sections and "normal" language instead of the style you use when texting on your phone.

Some of us around here are old farts...

453747.png

Are you asking us who will win or just ranting? lol

The answer is the only way to know who will win is to race. If you race from a dead stop there is no way to tell. The civic could be making 400hp and weigh 1800lbs but if he can get traction it doesnt matter.

What year camaro?

There are plenty of civics out there that will beat any stock camaro. But there are alot more faster camaros than there are civics. Dumb people need to learn a V8 does not mean automatic win, but its usually a much better engine to start with than a old civic engine with two bolt mains and rods the size of number 2 pencils IMO.

Yeeah a Civic vs. Camaro internet Argument.......:rolleyes:

REALLY..... It comes down to car build (Civic Parts and install/Camaro Year and condition)... PLUS Driver.....

I mean I love Azzhowls with 400HP Civics running on Street Tires that ONLY run from 35 MPH cause all they all can do from a stop is fry the tires off... VS. azzhowl Camaro drivers that claim the LS1 is god and can't be beat but don't know how to launch and send the car sideways out of the hole but then shift like little babies and only rev the car till 4K RPM.....:p

Both claiming their car is slow today cause the 'Muffler Bearing' was loose and they were afraid to push it any harder....:redface:

Basically tell them both to shut their trap until they can line up and 'Get Er Done':spin::wub:

I actually beat a 2000 z28 with a ls1 and long tube headers from a dig, but from a roll there was no questions asked he beat me. Of course this is on a closed course. Those camaros really do have good top end but so should that civic. Ive got my money on the civic if its done right and from a roll. And theres always people out there that think their car is the absolute best. Theres a guy at a local meet here that drives a N/A 4 cyl mazda 6 that says he beat a sti and keeps up with GTR's. Or another one that thinks his 2 toned twin turbo'd Z32 is a god. I really cant stand those people. Then when they finally do race and lose let the excuses fly. (on a closed course)

sorry for the way i wrote that i mean i have nothing against a v8 or anybody driving one its just he thinks hell win because ''us ricers'' is what he calls us says we dont understand how to build a car or drive one and always telling us that a v8 will never lose against a tuner even though weve shown him vids oh and yea i was just ranting i was kinda pissed earlier

Stand-down easy, there'll be more "azzhowls" as grovlet put it, to deal with. No reason to expend all of your energy on this particular one...;)
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

There are morons on both sides of the car wold, domestic and import. I have had civic kids tell me that they car will beat mine simply because the redline is 1500rpms higher than mine. I have had mustang owners tell me that there 4.6 liter sohc engine is making 500ish hp with bolt ons and tuning.

sorry for the way i wrote that i mean i have nothing against a v8 or anybody driving one its just he thinks hell win because ''us ricers'' is what he calls us says we dont understand how to build a car or drive one and always telling us that a v8 will never lose against a tuner even though weve shown him vids oh and yea i was just ranting i was kinda pissed earlier

Sir, I'm hardly qualified to give grammar advice, but your two posts are incredibly difficult to read.

Please consider spacing your posts.

OK......WHOSE KID POSTED UP THIS THREAD? My 8 year old has better grammar/sentence structure.:lol:

Geez man! put some commas and periods in there.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Muscle cars... I'm sure our kids will love seeing them at museums and reading about them in history books...Give it a couple years, gas prices will take the "actual" hike up to what everyone else in the world has been paying.... then I'll race anyone with a z28 and LOSE (if they can beat me) just to laugh at the amount of gas they used up.

oh and these high power turbo 4 bangers dont get great gas mileage when you are on the power either. my mild stage III legacy gave me an average of 9.3mpg on a 20 minute drive through the rolling hills on an aggressive night ride a while back

ive got this friend who recently got a camaro z28 and he wont shut up and talks about how fast it is and how itll blow the doors off me and my friends cars now i havent said anything cuz ik for a fact tht my stock legacy isnt gunna win that fight. but my other friend is rebuilding his motor at the moment in his honda civic hes rebuilding the motor from ground up and is even putting in a GReddy Turbo Kit he had in his old motor. and we all seem to agree that his civic will win. and when we tell my friend with the camaro he wont listen he thinks just cuz hes got a 350 hes a bad ass pretty funny tbo hes spent 3600 for the car and 2000 2 days later for a new tranny and clutch so all together 5600 and my friends civic cost 1000 for car and all the parts and motor hes bought for the rebuild hes up to 2500 total price 3500 2100 less than hes camaro. the civic weighs a s**t ton less than the camaro and will easily be pushing 300 hp , and still be running at 200k + miles and will have a full tank of gas at the end of the race ,and have spent half the money to get there. im sorry for the rant its just i cant stand people who think just becuz they have a big motor there gunna win

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_mDTLphIVY]YouTube - ‪Pulp Fiction - English Motherfucker Do You Speak It‬‏[/ame]

Archived