LegacyGT.com

Muscle cars... I'm sure our kids will love seeing them at museums and reading about them in history books...Give it a couple years, gas prices will take the "actual" hike up to what everyone else in the world has been paying.... then I'll race anyone with a z28 and LOSE (if they can beat me) just to laugh at the amount of gas they used up.

My corvette gets the same mpg my legacy did. CTATV that picture you posted up makes me wanna laugh and cry all at the same time.

I am not sure what the OP was attempting to communicate with us, since he/she/it has a very poor command of the English vocabulary, sentence structure, or grammar. The best I can tell is that he wishes to know our opinion on whether a Z-28 or similar V8 powered muscle car is faster than a turbo charged Civic. Without knowing how well done the turbo civic is (and most are not very well done) this is impossible to determine.

What I can tell you that mod for mod, the V8 will always have the advantage of displacement. You can in fact put a turbo or a supercharger on a V8 and make absurd amounts of power. Come to think of it this once again points out the relative silliness of trying to take an economy car and turn it into a sports car after it leaves the factory. What you invariably end up with is most often a money pit that still doesn't perform as well as a true sports car or muscle car, but costs just as much or more.

Archived