LegacyGT.com

Black 06 Spec B Wheels???

06specb264

Changing colour will bring down the value if you ever want to sell them off or trade in the car in the future.

You'll have to find a buyer who likes what you have done.

My 2 cents are: You have a pretty rare car, a 2006 Spec B, and if I were to own it and mod it, I'd only do mods that are reversible so I could sell it as show-room stock again one day.

But black wheels look great. Not flat black on a nice Spec B like yours, mind you, but a glossy black. It would look sharp.

Okay lets be real, we are not talking about a Shelby Cobra here. It is a Subaru......if you pc them it is not going to bring the value down. A dealership who you would trade it in to will not care. Go for it! It is a Spec B.........
[

Not a matter of diminishing value, more a matter of cost. The OEM wheels are pricey, and the powdercoating is also pricey. Rotas are cheap, and things like the Rota DPT / Rota Tarmac 3 / Rota P1 are all very similar to the OEM design anyhow.

Changing colour will bring down the value if you ever want to sell them off or trade in the car in the future.

You'll have to find a buyer who likes what you have done.

My 2 cents are: You have a pretty rare car, a 2006 Spec B, and if I were to own it and mod it, I'd only do mods that are reversible so I could sell it as show-room stock again one day.

But black wheels look great. Not flat black on a nice Spec B like yours, mind you, but a glossy black. It would look sharp.

No way. An 06 Spec-B is just a regular LGT with red seats and Bilsteins.

Paint the wheels if you want. They aren't that rare, and the 06 is (IMO) the least desireable of the Spec-B's.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

That's very debatable, the OEM wheels for the Legacy are heavy and narrow. Rotas were just an example, but you should easily be able to pick up a set of wheels for ~$650. Less if he's OK with shopping for a used set. PC at 400 is reasonable, but you also need to including unmounting tires & cleaning which will add another $100 to that. So say for $500 you have powdercoated OEMs, for $650 you have a second set of rims and your OEMs.

It's certainly an option, if you want to do it go for it, you might want to shop around at tirerack and other places first though and make sure you really don't like any of the other options.

LOL........I did not add the cost of dismounting and mounting because you have to do it with both. You just simply added it to the cost of the PC option. So please tell me how the other wheels are going to magically have tires? Unless the used wheels are local he will have to pay for shipping too.....etc.

So

PC 500

Other wheels 650 used(850 new), 100 tires, 100 shipping......850 for used wheels(1050 new)...plus lug nuts 40+..and depending on his current tire he might have to go wider if he steps up to the 8"+ mark.

Now if money is not a concern this all goes out the window......but since we are debating cost here......

[

LOL........I did not add the cost of dismounting and mounting because you have to do it with both. You just simply added it to the cost of the PC option. So please tell me how the other wheels are going to magically have tires? Unless the used wheels are local he will have to pay for shipping too.....etc.

So

PC 500

Other wheels 650 used(850 new), 100 tires, 100 shipping......850 for used wheels(1050 new)...plus lug nuts 40+..and depending on his current tire he might have to go wider if he steps up to the 8"+ mark.

Now if money is not a concern this all goes out the window......but since we are debating cost here......

You can get wheels cheaper than 650 new, much less than 650 used. For dismounting vs a second set I was assuming you wouldn't re-use the tires on the new wheels, but buy a second set. You can re-use the OEM lugs on most aftermarket wheels, and if you buy a set from somewhere like Tirerack, they throw lugs & all hardware (rings/etc) in for free.

Wheels from Infamous, brand new, 17x9 and $100/ea with free shipping.

http://www.infamousperformance.net/servlet/the-593/Drag-DR31-17X8-5-fdsh-100-dsh-114.3/Detail

Black set with tires for $700 asking.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-ct-mesh-wheels-4-bbs-res-18x8-4-rota-162654.html

Nice set of Prodrives with tires for $800

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-wa-seattle-4-prodrive-wheels-18x8-162539.html

Shipping is a legit concern on wheels+tires for sure, but if you're patient and check out NASIOC/LGT/craigslist even, chances are you'll find something that you want locally and can just pick up.

Either way, you can do both. I'm still going to be a proponent of having two sets just because it's really nice to have both dedicated summers & winters, and the cost isn't THAT much different.

They aren't that rare, and the 06 is (IMO) the least desireable of the Spec-B's.

:(

Either way, you can do both. I'm still going to be a proponent of having two sets just because it's really nice to have both dedicated summers & winters, and the cost isn't THAT much different.

That was how I made my conclusion to not PC mine. I love the specB wheels as well but I figured why PC mine when I could have an extra set on hand

Archived