LegacyGT.com

bumper question

I have a 1995 legacy L wagon and would like to remove the front bumper and beam behind so that i can instal an outback bumper. Ive removed the headlights and exposed all the black plastic clips on the top as well as removed the two bolts underneath the front bumper, what I can't figure out is how to remove the front bumper black fasteners on the top. They look like I'd be able to remove them with a phillips head screw driver but that is not the case, do I just have to cut them off with say a dremel and buy new clips or is there a better way to remove them. Thanks

Everyone wants an outback bumper. And the clips I think you're talking about are a pain in the ass. Some of mine unscrewed others I had to pry up on the bottom with a flat head and then pry out with pair of pliers. If you do it carefully enough you should be able to reuse them.

Can we get photos on here? I am wanting to do this bumper swap as well.

I own a Black 99' 2.5GT. This be a great DIY thread if you start step by step.

Also, what about the mounts and the wiring from the fog lights going from the Legacy's to the OB's that in itself is another matter.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Rubenjc111/45A26733-orig.jpg

Bumper swap is stupid easy. Go over to SL-I.net and go to the "Literature & Manuals" section and get the Factory Service Manual for you car.

It's 4 bolts under the hood. A couple on the side where it attaches to the fenders and sometimes a couple on the underside. Then you pull straight out and swap the new one in.

As far as lights go I just bought a Hella 500 kit and wired it all in my self. Pretty self explanatory. If you decide to use hella 500's (GREAT Light output) you drill a hole into the bumper beam and mount. Simple as that.

Archived