LegacyGT.com

Subaru Meet in Fayette County, Pennsylvania at Bud Murphy's.

MooKz

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nate at J&S Dyno.

I go out to a garage in bradenville out that way here and there so maybe I'll see you around! Unless you're able to attend the next meet next month.

It's a VW garage (yes, a VW. Ugh). But the dude that owns it is a cool dude so I chill with him down there. It's called S&M. It used to be an RC car warehouse, but it's a garage now. The other side is a mushroom factory. :lol:

If its a vw shop then you prob have the fastest car of anyone there :), and that's less then 10 minutes from my house.

Since its on topic. Anyone want to organize a mini LGT/other meet and cruise for this Wednesday around here, as in east of Pitt? Doesn't have to be Latrobe, could be gbg or Irwin if more people would come out.

I do, but he has some nice ass MKII GTIs that he boosted. Dude is a nut. He knows all there is to know about those cars.

I won't be in Greensburg until at least 9. I am tuning at J&S Dyno. Afterwards, I am down to cruise.

If all else fails, I will be up at Pittsburgh Raceway for Test n Tune on Thursday!

I'm curious about the shop but I'm not risking typing "S&M" into google on my work computer.

Theoretically, I'm going to try to replace the front wheel bearing on my Legacy on Friday this week if anybody's around during the day.

Anybody know a shop locally that can cut rotors? I've got a stoptech slotted rotors on the front and it's a good a real bad shimmy (you can see pitting around one of the slots) so I was going to have them cut while I was working on the bearing. There were a few places in Connellsville but they've all closed.

I'd prob just take the brakes to a monroe/minekie (sp?) as there isn't much they can screw up, and they are cheap.

I wish I was available friday, bc I have a front wheel bearing to change and we could do them together. I'm working friday tho.

Yeah, but I don't have any of those around (or at least that I have noticed).

Friday ended up falling apart so I'm still running around hoping my front wheel doesn't decide to fall off.

I'm actually off work entirely next week (switching jobs) so I might try to get it done towards the end of next week. I got the Nissan up and running again too so if everything goes screwy, I have a backup (still need to put new front brakes on it though).

If your around next week and want to come over and work, let me know. I've got a garage and air tools.

I'd like to come out and get some work done, but this week is just too busy and I'm out of town friday.

Got a stromung shorty dp to wrap and install (stg2 :)), leaky valve cover gasket, rattling manifold heat shield (might just pull the whole mani heat shields and wrap it too), wheel bearing to remove/install, and I'd like to change my rear diff fluid. I'd also like to remove my cbe, sand and paint it.

I gotta take the kids to grandma's in the morning (that sounds like a euphemism for something but it's not, I'm really dropping my kids off) and then I'm going to head home and get to tearing into that front end. Hopefully get that front wheel bearing changed and do something about the deposits on the rotor (either get them turned or just try sanding them).

I did plugs once, I can't imagine doing a valve cover gasket will be any fun. I just trimmed my DP heat shield when I installed my Cobb pipe and it's been rattle free. I lost a few bolts to the part I cut out but it's worked fine.

Ever get that transmission oil changed?

I haven't, and my trans isn't good. Pretty sure a main bearing or the center diff is failing and I'm not sure what I'm going to do about it either.. Prob gonna change the trans oil every 6 months and ride it out till the trans takes a massive shit everywhere, then buy a used one.

I was actually gonna ask if I could give you some more $ and keep the rest of your oil.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be happy to sell it off but I will probably need enough back to get my tranny done one more time.

I still haven't changed that damn wheel bearing (it's getting worse) and i just started a new job in Pittsburgh a couple of weeks ago so my commute went up (just to Monroeville and then I take the bus) and I just have no time.

My car needs a new clutch and a timing belt too. I normally do all my work myself but I think I need to start looking around for a garage. Between the kids and the job, I'll never find a solid weekend to work on it. Is there anybody around that is recommended? I know a Toyota guy in Greensburg who can probably handle it but I'd like to know if there is anyone else.

Booze, were you behind me on the turnpike exit in Monroeville about a week ago. I saw an LGT wagon but we got seperated by traffic.

Randy Redinger and Sons, in Latrobe.. Go there for Subaru service, you can tell them Erik with the STi and LGT sent you. They are friendly, Subaru oriented shop, great rates, if you pay cash they will cut you a nice break. Highly recommended.

Didn't see you on the turnpike. Text me when and I'll get that fluid back to you.

• 1 month later...

Finally got the wheel bearing changed. Wow that was a nightmare, took me about 2 weeks. Everything came off cleanly except one of the bolts that hold the bearing/hub to the spindle stripped on it's way out ($2 from Subaru) but the damn bearing itself seized into the spindle and would not come out.

Last time I just hit the back of the wheel hub with a hammer for a while and it came out. I hammered the hell out of it this time, bolted and old junk rotor to it backwards and hammered the rotor till it cracked and finally I had to go buy a slide hammer from Autozone and I ended up tearing the wheel hub out of the bearing and having to bolt the slide hammer directly to bearing and it still took forever to rip it out.

It's all bolted back together now but I think I'm officially retiring from car maintenance, my forearms were a wreck from using that slide hammer. I still need to call around and find a shop to do the clutch and timing belt though. I may need to get that Extra-S back off you at some point to when I get the clutch changed.

• 2 months later...

Looking to get the gear oil off of BoozeRS tonight or early tomorrow for my tranny seal replacement. Then off to the meet at Quaker Steak!

For those of you that don't know, there will be a little get together down at Quaker Steak and Lube in Robinson. We are cruising and will be having a photoshoot in Pittsburgh. Come down and get some beer and wings. I'll be headed down at 2 and will most likely be headed out into downtown Pittsburgh around 5 or so with a few other guys in their cars for some downtown shots.

I'm having dinner with the GF's parents so I won't make QSL. I live in MT. Washington though, let me know if you guys plan on coming up here and ill try and meet you for some photos.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

I swung threw around 715 and saw your car it looks awesome man super clean. You we're parked there with an sti, I was thinking about coming in but then I realized I'd look stupid walking around the restaurant asking people what car in the parking lot they drive til I found the right one lol.

Archived