LegacyGT.com

Wrecked my Legacy

I decided to let it go to auction today. I'm glad I did because the towing co. that had it never covered the shattered rear window, and the rear seats and carpet had puddles in them from all the rain we've had the last four days. Not to mention someone had been using the front seats and floor for a trashcan, with rotting KFC, and sodas spilled everywhere.

I did try to get the turbo and injectors but was stopped by one of the employees. I was able to get my AVO CAI, RBS grill, Volt HID's, and 2 gauge A-pillar pod, boost gauge and LC-1. So not all was lost.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did try to get the turbo and injectors but was stopped by one of the employees. I was able to get my AVO CAI, RBS grill, Volt HID's, and 2 gauge A-pillar pod, boost gauge and LC-1. So not all was lost.

:lol: That's awesome... a different form of dumpster diving... but for a good cause!

lol

I'm going to try and find another 05-09 Legacy, or previous gen STI. I'm driving the wife's car so I'm not in a huge hurry, but I have to find something before fall. I tried to buy a new WRX, but the dealership I went to can't seem to find one in the midwest. I'll post up in the classifieds when I ready to sell my left over legacy parts. Thanks

:lol: That's awesome... a different form of dumpster diving... but for a good cause!

If I could have just had 15 more minutes I think I could of had at least the Turbo out.

Glad you weren't hurt and got more than you expected for it. When my last car was totaled I expected to get somewhere near the KBB trade-in value (which was about $1800), but ended up getting slightly more than the retail value (which was about $3000). I got rear-ended, and while the accident damage wasn't all that bad, the exhaust would have needed to be replaced completely. It was pretty badly rusted (but still functioning fine) and when I got hit and the exhaust was pushed forward, the pipes basically disintegrated. There was also rust on the body around the bumper which would've caused a lot of problems in installing the new bumper.

I got lucky. The copart manager freaked when he saw that I was under the car sitting on jackstands but he said since I was almost done with the downpipe he let me finish.

I decided to let it go to auction today. I'm glad I did because the towing co. that had it never covered the shattered rear window, and the rear seats and carpet had puddles in them from all the rain we've had the last four days. Not to mention someone had been using the front seats and floor for a trashcan, with rotting KFC, and sodas spilled everywhere.

I'm going to try and find another 05-09 Legacy, or previous gen STI. I'm driving the wife's car so I'm not in a huge hurry, but I have to find something before fall. I tried to buy a new WRX, but the dealership I went to can't seem to find one in the midwest. I'll post up in the classifieds when I ready to sell my left over legacy parts. Thanks

Wow, I just looked at all of the St Louis Subaru dealers, and you are right, no WRX's. There is two STI's at this dealer though http://www.stlouissubaru.com/new-inventory/index.htm?SByear=clear&SBmake=Subaru&SBmodel=Impreza%20WRX&SBprice=clear

I am never one for suing people to make a quick buck BUT if he hit you in the rear it was HIS fault according to most police reports.

Ouch! Your neck hurts.

Get some money out of it because his insurance is only going to want to give replacement on your car.

Sue for neck pain and future neck pain, not to much, just enough to buy yourself a new Legacy. Yea, I know it sounds like a shit thing to do but it is better than getting book value for a car that you obviously modded and took care of. I am not saying take advantage of his insurance company, just get what it really owed to you.

Take care.

I am never one for suing people to make a quick buck BUT if he hit you in the rear it was HIS fault according to most police reports.

Ouch! Your neck hurts.

Get some money out of it because his insurance is only going to want to give replacement on your car.

Sue for neck pain and future neck pain, not to much, just enough to buy yourself a new Legacy. Yea, I know it sounds like a shit thing to do but it is better than getting book value for a car that you obviously modded and took care of. I am not saying take advantage of his insurance company, just get what it really owed to you.

Take care.

most likely its not the other guys fault because he failed to yield pulling into traffic and was hit in drivers left rear

Archived