LegacyGT.com

$5 Adjustable Exhaust Tuck Mod (in under an hour)

Did mine last night, tried the hose clamps first and couldn't get them high enough. Then tried moving the mufflers to the center of the hangers and worked out better for me.

BEFORE:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1db01b3127ccefd7cfcc6b59900000030O00AZtHDZo1bt2IPbz4S/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

AFTER:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1db01b3127ccefd7cf50174f200000030O00AZtHDZo1bt2IPbz4S/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

For those that try the middle of the hanger, the trick is to take the mufflers all the way off and then slide the muffler supports through the middle of the hangers, there's a front and rear hanger. Then reconnect the exhaust pipes.

My wife's balls are delicious.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes I tried jacking them up as high as they could go, but my clamps just wouldn't hold them in place once I lower the jack. Plus the clamps I had were cheap, I broke 2 of them by over tightening them.:(
My wife's balls are delicious.

• 1 month later...
Let us know if you have any leaks from cracks in the future. I'm thinking about doing this, but I'm kind of afraid that it might cause cracks due to stress on the exhaust system.

With the stock cans I stuck them through the middle slot of the mounts, but my new Borla exhaust fixed the OEM gap using the correct holes, but not enough for my liking. I didn't need a jack either, the tips came up as I tightened the clamps.

Here are pictures of my stock, stock using middle hole in mounts, and Borla using hose clamps...

What kind of borla's do you have?

• 6 months later...

Call me a sissy, but is anyone else worried about the metal hangers eventually cutting through the rubber hangers? Then you're basically relying on rusty metal to support the entire weight of the back half of the muffs. Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea and I'll prolly stop and get some hangers on the way to work tonight. I guess I'll just have to be vigilant and check regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what did u mean when you said. it felt like i was driving a civic? did u mean the car felt like it was more dependable and it was getting better mpg's?

• 3 weeks later...

just did this and found the improvement worth the time. its a great cheap mod. i just wish i could have gotten my passenger rear muffler centered to the exhaust cutout in the bumper

UPDATE... I have the feeling i made mine a little too tight. At times I feel the vibration from the exhaust more then I did before. Hard feeling to explain but it basically is the purpose of the hangars have now be negated.

just did this and found the improvement worth the time. its a great cheap mod. i just wish i could have gotten my passenger rear muffler centered to the exhaust cutout in the bumper

UPDATE... I have the feeling i made mine a little too tight. At times I feel the vibration from the exhaust more then I did before. Hard feeling to explain but it basically is the purpose of the hangars have now be negated.

did you try rehanging the exhaust using the gap in the middle of the hanger instead? Than using a clamp...

Archived