LegacyGT.com

Factory 5's new $15k Subaru sports car

You don't need paint. The body is coming in a couple different colors which the buyer chooses. It is a gel coat.

$9900 for the kit.

They figure $5k for a WRX donor.

If you've never looked, you can pick up a damaged WRX for under $5k. Many totaled WRXes have good running gear and control arms can be picked up very cheaply.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Mega Users
You don't need paint. The body is coming in a couple different colors which the buyer chooses. It is a gel coat.

$9900 for the kit.

They figure $5k for a WRX donor.

If you've never looked, you can pick up a damaged WRX for under $5k. Many totaled WRXes have good running gear and control arms can be picked up very cheaply.

I mean if it's really this cheap, then I'm getting one, and putting a built motor in with a 20g and having a rocketship for < $20k

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

really? a 4k donor car with ALL the parts in functioning condition? you need a shit ton of parts from the donor car. whoever is selling that car is getting robbed.

Yes. 4k-5k.

No, getting a lot more than ins charged them to buy it back.

I mean if it's really this cheap, then I'm getting one, and putting a built motor in with a 20g and having a rocketship for < $20k

With a td04 you have a rocketship. Its under 2k lbs wet with driver.:)

http://www.copart.com/c2/onSaleResults.html?_eventId=getLot&execution=e4s2&lotId=21732842&returnPage=SEARCH_RESULTS

http://www.copart.com/c2/onSaleResults.html?_eventId=getLot&execution=e4s2&lotId=19196052&returnPage=SEARCH_RESULTS

• Mega Users
Yes. 4k-5k.

No, getting a lot more than ins charged them to buy it back.

With a td04 you have a rocketship. Its under 2k lbs wet with driver.:)

yes.

thanks

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

i want it too, i'm nervous about it tho. i'm gonna want wilwoods, and a whole bunch of other expensive crap to go along with it.

It's already about as modified from a WRX as you can get, how much more do you REALLY need to do? Performance wise it will do just fine given how much weight it's shedding. I don't think there are going to be many actual problems to solve since the whole "must drive something OMGUNIQUE" thing is pretty well knocked out as it is.

WRX brakes will be plenty for that car. It's going to weigh half as much. If you plan on tracking, I'd equip it with brake ducts.

A nice upgrade would be LGT brakes

That is part of what started my question a few days ago. I wanted to use my legacy as the donor car in a couple of years. But I am not sure of the suspension mounting to the frame differences. Plus the 5 speed is more robust in the legacy than the wrx. Does the steering rack have the same mounting holes as the WRX?

That is part of what started my question a few days ago. I wanted to use my legacy as the donor car in a couple of years. But I am not sure of the suspension mounting to the frame differences. Plus the 5 speed is more robust in the legacy than the wrx. Does the steering rack have the same mounting holes as the WRX?

The suspension pieces are different, as none of the WRX bits fit the LGT afaik. I have no idea about the steering rack. I would figure it wouldn't be a direct swap.

I'm sure you could piece together the missing parts cheaply enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived