LegacyGT.com

Tribeca is DEAD!

Scotty

If you are in the market for a mid size SUV...the tribeca is a good choice.

Most dealers are now offering big discounts on all TRIBECA models because they want to get rid of them all before 2012....

Look at this fully loaded tribeca with Nav/first row entertainment system/Limited:

http://www.lithiasubarureno.com/new/Subaru/2011-Subaru-Tribeca-Reno-NV-e9486f6e0a0a006400168f39b4c6f9fb.htm

35k!

Honestly that's a lot of car for very good price and with regular gas instead of premium = A+++

35k!

Honestly that's a lot of car for very good price and with regular gas instead of premium = A+++

Yep, it may burn regular but look at the mileage figures.

Hell my stg 2+ GT wagon does better then that .:spin:

I suspect that the fuel consumption figures of the Tribeca really killed it.

Someone did some bad math when they designed it. And if they had a H6 3 liter diesel it would have been interesting.

453747.png

Subaru has officially announce the death of the Tribeca. They have cease any R&D into the next generation Tribeca due to lack of sales, all 910 last year.

where you hear this? i sell Subarus and havent heard anything

Well I'm sure if the next large Subaru SUV is based on the new Hylander they'll want to toss a new name at it, since the Tribecca has won very few fans (they even tried changing the name once!), hence there'd be no development of the next Tribecca because they'd be focusing on the new toyo-model.

The current Hylander with the towing package can tow upwards of 5k lbs which isn't bad, it'll be interesting to see what comes of this if any of the past rumors are true.

'20 Legacy XT Touring

13 Subarus and counting: http://jmaigroup.com/subarus/

• 2 weeks later...
Does this mean the 3.6L legacy is also in trouble?

I don't think that it's an immediate concern. There are always people that prefers the H6 over the turbo.

And I suspect that if they need to drop the H6 the diesel will have to show up in the US as an alternative otherwise the vehicle range would be too narrow.

Here in Sweden the H6 is only available in the Outback and the only turbo engines we have are the diesels and the STi.

453747.png

Just yesterday SOA_BLOG over on NASIOC said that the "death" of the Tribeca was just a rumor. Nothing has been officially announced by Subaru. Consider the fact that the same source mentioned a Mazda death too, and Mazda said that wasn't true, it appears that whole article was outright lies.

Archived