LegacyGT.com

Brunch for Mom

pwdrdayz

That looks delicious.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

pwdrdayz, did you make that? I would be so impressed if you did. If not, which restaurant is this? I like the the hollandaise sauce is so light.

I have enough drama for now.....

Yes, I made it. Love using challah for various sandwiches & breakfast dishes. It has a very distict flavor compared to say an english muffin which I find kind of bland.

Also, google "silicone egg poaching cups". They are awesome for perfectly poached eggs.

Yes, I made it. Love using challah for various sandwiches & breakfast dishes. It has a very distict flavor compared to say an english muffin which I find kind of bland.

Also, google "silicone egg poaching cups". They are awesome for perfectly poached eggs.

Thanks for the tip for using those silicone cups (do they come in different sizes? :lol:).

I will have to check out the challah bread. Do you get yours from Blazing Bagels?

What's the tip on the lightened hollandaise sauce?

Did get the challah from Blazing this time. Brenner Bros. also makes a good one. Can usually find it fresh on Friday at Whole Foods, PCC, etc for Shabbat.

As for the Hollandaise, it's such a volitile sauce it seems to turn out different every time depending on temp, amount of whisking, etc. The pic I took was of the first serving. Sauce thickened and darkened up by the time I got to the 4th plate so the only tip I would give is to be careful not to overheat or overwhisk.

You do know that even with the challah bread, it's still not kosher b/c of the dungeness crab meat right?

Of course. I am definitely not kosher. Love me some shellfish and I think pork is heavenly!

Kinda like me whenever I ordered a veggie burger in a restaurant I asked the server to add 2 slices of bacon! They would give me the puzzled look. They must know that bacon makes everything better. :lol:

Archived