LegacyGT.com

Miles on a used LGT Wagon

Hello All:

My current car is a 2005 Legacy GT Limited wagon and I really like it. So does my wife.... Our Passat is a constant headache and we are looking around for another car.

I have just located a 2007 Legacy GT Limited wagon that appears to be in really good shape. It has 45k miles on it.

Now don't laugh, but we don't drive much: my 05 has 30k miles on it and my wife's 03 has 51k. So looking at 45k miles seems to me like half or more the life of the car is used up.

Can you guys give me a reality check on how much I should care about 45k miles? I know that comes out to about 11k per year for the previous owner which is modest but it would be nearly 10 years of use for me.

Given proper maintenance and non-abusive driving, how many miles can I expect to get out of a 2007 LGT? Or maybe it just comes down to years with our driving habits.

Thanks,

Jim

Agreed. You must be the most risk averse person ever to own a LGT, much less potentially two of them. :p I've put 100k on my 05 LGT wagon and I hope to keep it for 10 more years. I put 200k on my last car (a 98 Nissan truck) and I'd still be driving it if I hadn't totaled it. :(

Go for it....not everyone piles on the miles....I have 46,000 Km (Approx 27,400 miles) on my '06 LGT sedan....and my wife's '06 Impreza has a whopping 26,000 Km on it........45,000 miles is nothing on these cars...ENJOY!!! :)

How did I know Scooby Fan would jump in this thread?:lol:

I thought my wagon was low too... 2005 with 88k kms. About 55K miles.

That's like 9K miles per year in the life I've owned it.

Some folks drive 5k miles per year, some drive 25k miles per year.

Average driving is about 20k KMS per year. Thats why the lease agreements peg that mileage in the contract.

Agreed. You must be the most risk averse person ever to own a LGT, much less potentially two of them. :p

Guilty! But in my defense I have to say that our Passat has been an absolute nightmare. The turbo on that car died on holiday last weekend in Moab and we came back in a 17' uhaul truck with the car on a trailer (and that was by far the cheapest option!). Hopefully that helps justify my current "risk averse" behavior.

Anyway, thanks to all of you for the suggestions. The 07 GT looks good and we may also look at some 08 and 09 Outbacks.

Cheers,

Jim

Archived