What speed yields the best MPG?

What speed yields you the best MPG  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What speed yields you the best MPG

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
unamusedpopcorn.gif

I'll take my sweet ass time shipping your tactrix cable.

Whata flippin punk.....

Question for you: Was downloading ECUFlash, Romraider, and all the lastet definition files.

I got:

RomRaider0.5.2Beta-setup.exe

ecuflash_1422595_win.exe

ECUFLASH STANDARD units SUBARU ECU definitions 0.8.3.1b 10-07-09.zip

ROMRAIDER STANDARD units ECU definitions 0.8.3.1b 10-07-09.zip

ROMRAIDER STANDARD units LOGGER definitions 0.3.5b 10-02-09.zip

Looking at supported ECU's on Romraider they only show 08 A2TB000N (MT)*. Link: http://www.romraider.com/Documentation/SupportedECUs

Your car is a 08 5EAT. So, where is the support for AT, what am I missing here? This cable is going to work for me right?

Guess, I can be pinned as newbie Subie tuner still, damn it.

There are definitions, when I got my cable (last week) I just downloaded RR, ECUflash and learning view, and the latest log def and ecu defs, everything works in terms of logging. My tuner had a file for me and flashes no prob when he's road tuning with the tactrix. I haven't flashed on my own yet.....too scared and have no need to since I'm freshly tuned stage dos.

when you log it and send your ECU map out to a tuner, they will edit it and send it back to you, you then flash it, go log again, send it back, and so on and so forth

Apologizes for the thread high jack. Mods can you move our posts to the tuning section.

There are definitions, when I got my cable (last week) I just downloaded RR, ECUflash and learning view, and the latest log def and ecu defs, everything works in terms of logging. My tuner had a file for me and flashes no prob when he's road tuning with the tactrix. I haven't flashed on my own yet.....too scared and have no need to since I'm freshly tuned stage dos.

when you log it and send your ECU map out to a tuner, they will edit it and send it back to you, you then flash it, go log again, send it back, and so on and so forth

If I understand correctly. You were only using your other cable, someone's else cable, or the tuner's cable to just read and flash your ECU ROM then. That still means your car had a compatible ROM for which ECU definitions and RomRaider logger definitions existed for or your tuner does. I wasn't planning on going to a tuner yet (no real need to until a mod requires it). I was hoping all would function, so that I could pull logs, view data, maybe even do a little self map editing and flash.

Post#19 (currently last post) on this thread http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/learning-tuningi-133458.html?t=133458&highlight=tactrix+5EAT. Explains a lot and that was over a year ago, more support may exist now.

Just a little concerned that if my car has "another ROM" then I am SOL. Looks like I need some more insight into this, if this doesn't work then I guess it can always be resold.

not true it will got 30 20 10 0 if you drive nice and slow. ive don 20 miles after--- most ive put in was 16.3 but i try and not do that:lol:

Per the vacation pix its 16.9 US gallons.

I've noticed that the "miles renaming on tank" isn't accurate at all. I think the lowest it will read is 40 miles, anything below that it displays "- -". I've taken it past that several times.

I think I've seen my fuel light blink before.

I've heard some people say that they don't go below 1/2 a tank, they said it reduces wear and tear on the engine. I don't know if I subscribe to that train of thought.

I've noticed that the "miles renaming on tank" isn't accurate at all. I think the lowest it will read is 40 miles, anything below that it displays "- -". I've taken it past that several times.

I've seen it get down to 20 before going to "- -"

I've also put 16.2 gallons in the tank before. I Thought the gas station was cheating me though.

I'm still at 27.0mpg on this tank.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I'm still at 27.0mpg on this tank.

Well ain't you special...;) lol

I finally hit 24.6mpg on this tank full. Filled it last Saturday. I'll fill it again tomorrow night.

jssmith6, was that combind mpg or just the drive up ? I can may be see that if you coasted down I70 with not much traffic.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

well of course you get better mileage with the engine removed... I was just leaving that as a known. But do be careful about soap on the intercooler. But I am guessing your remove the intercooler to clean under it and wax anyway...

I try to media polish my intake manifold and exhaust manifold daily by hooking up a jar of sand to the brake booster line. It runs a little rough, but I know it's making more power and getting better fuel economy!
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I try to media polish my intake manifold and exhaust manifold daily by hooking up a jar of sand to the brake booster line. It runs a little rough, but I know it's making more power and getting better fuel economy!

I just use water now to steam clean mine from the inside, in the same manner. Use to do the sand thing until my car backfired a sand castle one day!

Archived