LegacyGT.com

ARRGH! Scraped wheel and gum on floor mat

My LGT had a rough weekend!

1) I scraped the passenger side front wheel against the curb when parallel parking, anyone know a fix for a scraped wheel? I'm thinking some sort of file/sandpaper to sand the alloy smooth, and then perhaps some sort of touch up for the finish?

2) My son stepped in gum, now it's all over the pass side front floor mat. Anyone know how to get gum out of a floormat?

On the good side, I washed the car yesterday, and performed step 1 (cleaner) and step 2 (polish) of the three step Meguire's routine, the polish seems to REALLY like Garnet red, it really deepens that color. Can't wait to wax it today!

Thanks all for your help!

sorry to hear about the wheel. As for the gum.....old trick we used to do when I worked in the hotel industry was to take canned air, turn it upside down and pull the trigger. it should freeze the hell out of the gum. It should break off in pieces.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Guest JessterCPA

Freezing the gum is usually the best. Second try is to use some peanut butter on the gum.

I am going to take my dremel with a buff pad & some compound to smooth out my rim scrape. Then just clear over it.

Jesse

Archived