LegacyGT.com

eBay strut tower bars

I know you usually get what you pay for but it seems like it's just aluminum bar.. I'm probably wrong... But what do you guys think about these? Let me know your opinions!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ALUMINUM-STRUT-UPPER-BAR-FRONT-REAR-LEGACY-05-09-BL9-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZYearQ3a2006Q7cModelQ3aLegacyQQhashZitem5d2e2f81e4QQitemZ400206823908QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3526wt_1009

Ive never heard of an aluminum strut bar.... just seems like it would be kinda soft. Let me know what you think once you get 'em mounted and get a few miles of spirited driving with 'em!
what did u mean when you said. it felt like i was driving a civic? did u mean the car felt like it was more dependable and it was getting better mpg's?

for $75 shipped its almost crazy not to buy them. I wonder if you could get just the front though. I have a wagon and a rear strut bar, although it would be nice to stiffen up the rear, would reduce the cargo room too much. I guess I could buy them and sell the rear...
what did u mean when you said. it felt like i was driving a civic? did u mean the car felt like it was more dependable and it was getting better mpg's?

Ive never heard of an aluminum strut bar.... just seems like it would be kinda soft. Let me know what you think once you get 'em mounted and get a few miles of spirited driving with 'em!

Lol I had to do some looking around to make sure but all the ones I found were aluminum... Most air planes are made from aluminum.. It's not like there built like a pop can.. Lol

Don't expect an increase in handling. They are bling items, nothing more. Have you seen how close the legacy strut towers are to the firewall?

I wouldnt say that they are purely asthetic and thats all. They have to add some sort of rigidity in situations where the car would experience lateral flex. Not to mention, I think folks with a wagon could reasonably expect handling gains with the addition of a rear strut tower brace because there is nothing between the towers in the back. I would agree that you would experience much better handling gains with a set of lower sway bars though.

Archived