LegacyGT.com

Cleaned the tail pipes a bit today...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
STS, which one are you planning to get ?

I have a OEM STS on the 05 and I'm not really impressed with it. I have spoken with Cobb, and I would go that way or a Kartboy next time.

Oh yea. One great improvement was the $70.00 sti tranny mount mount. That made the biggest difference. I did that back in Aug 04.

Planning on the Kartboy or the STS that is made by Cobb but not the Cobb brand (I believe the new company starts with an M or something. But they are the same shifter...Cobb STS is just discontinued)

Seems really loud! I would have been looking under the car as soon as I hear that. I know you say it isn't as loud as it sounds, but that is still quite a jump from stock.

From stock, yes. But on the interior of the car it does not sound loud at all. and especially after I removed the milk jug from the air intake and added an AVO panel filter I can barely hear it over the BOV :)

I'll try and get a better video from farther away this weekend...the weather here in Nebraska is supposed to be full of rain. Oh Joy!

And Where are subaru's from??? hmmmmmmm... NOT DETROIT!

TECHNICALLY WE ARE ALL RICERS... it's just a Technicality. ;)

so YOU (ricer), are False.

Actually, Legacy's are from Indiana ;)

http://www.traileraddict.com/content/tristar-pictures/you_got_served.jpg

There's a difference between a rice-rocket, a rice-burner, and a ricer. My car is bone stock, so I'm hardly a ricer, but thanks for playing :lol:.

Even after I mod my car, I still won't be a ricer. ;)

I would completely disagree with us all being ricers. Owning a japanese car in no way signifies a ricer. I would say that anything remotely resembling the Fast & the Furious has immediately moved into ricerdom, but only then. You can have a nice, clean, tricked out car that is not ricey at all. And you can put neons and decals on a Focus or GTI. Does that make the Focus driver a popcorner? Or the GTI owner a Sauerkrauter? :) No, it makes them ricers, which (to me) is a general term describing anyone who makes an obvious clown-like embarrassment of themselves and their vehicle.

• I Donated

IMO, "rice" is any modification that either does not add to the functionality of the vehicle, or actively reduces functionality. Thus, visual mods, big wheels, slamming a car, etc. are all rice, but an upgraded turbo is not. Interestingly, an exhaust may or may not be partially rice, depending on how loud it makes the car (significant drone on the highway reduces functionality of a car).

But hey, that's just my definition.

My definition of rice is as follows:

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv183/Procharged347/l_041cfe2a9a439bd36ba5a3fd59347ae7.jpg

And after today, I am going to start citing these 'ricers' as a Jeep guy did in this thread:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/ricer-tickets-1088790/

Also, Can't emphasize enough that all the stick on applications from AutoZone and Wal-Mart pretty much stick you in the "ricer" category off the bat.

^^ :lol:

That was great. I would agree with pretty much everything there. However, just 1 disagreement... I've seen several guys on this forum use mesh in their front bumpers and made it look really clean (painted, properly mounted, etc). It looks OEM when they're done.

So it IS possible to have a nice mesh job (though we almost never see it)

So it IS possible to have a nice mesh job (though we almost never see it)

i didn't even bother with painting when i put it on my wrx. in fact, i didn't even trim. just jammed it in there and it held. i was just sick and tired of pulling leaves out in the fall.

(it's straight, just turned out goofy in the pic)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2262/3536789048_d8f7303f64_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2422/3535975157_0d54d90dfb_b.jpg

Personally, I agree that painting it would make it look cleaner. However, it's YOUR car and you should do with it whatever the heck you want. Even if you wanted to go straight rice with your car, whatever, it's your ride.

I completely support the freedom of ricer-expression. It's everyone's God-given right to do with their property whatever they want, even if it is completely ugly and utterly ridiculous.

(for the record though, I think your unpainted mesh still looks pretty clean and not rice. Didn't want you thinking I was trash talking your ride)

(for the record though, I think your unpainted mesh still looks pretty clean and not rice. Didn't want you thinking I was trash talking your ride)

I would agree, but if the car was any color other than silver (i.e. red or blue), I think that would be a LITTLE on the edge of JDM FTL

Archived