LegacyGT.com

What oil brand/weight do you use in SoCal?

Catbeater

thanks for the help. I am due for an oil change, so I will be def. looking for this. Is the Purolator the brand?

Np, and yes Purolator is the brand.

"PL14612" for your lgt

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/wcsstore/CVWEB/staticproductimage//1/full/5700006_pu1_pl14612_pri_detl.jpg

While we are on the topic of oil, has anyone ever used cheap dyno oil to "flush" any debris out?

What I was thinking of was to buy 2 filters and 2X oil, draining my oil, replace filter, fill oil(cheapest dino possible), run for 10/15 min, drop new(dino) oil and replace again with filter and new (rotella) oil.

I just want to make sure any particles have been cleaned out. I have noticed over the last few years that my oil has "browned" as opposed to being clear ish almost right after I put it in(within 500 miles)

Would like to get back to the clean oil again.

And before anyone asks, my maint. schedule is aim for 3K, get it done b4 4Kmi

While we are on the topic of oil, has anyone ever used cheap dyno oil to "flush" any debris out?

What I was thinking of was to buy 2 filters and 2X oil, draining my oil, replace filter, fill oil(cheapest dino possible), run for 10/15 min, drop new(dino) oil and replace again with filter and new (rotella) oil.

I just want to make sure any particles have been cleaned out. I have noticed over the last few years that my oil has "browned" as opposed to being clear ish almost right after I put it in(within 500 miles)

Would like to get back to the clean oil again.

And before anyone asks, my maint. schedule is aim for 3K, get it done b4 4Kmi

No need, you're gonna achieve the same result as doing 3-4k intervals except you might *feel* better. Plus, with PureOne, a true 99.9% filter, its gonna take out any little sht that your last filter didn't manage to catch.

can i assume this is better than OEM blue filter?

You mean our OEM filter by Honeywell?

http://webfors.com/of_pics/of_pic%20056%20(Large).jpg(Picture posted by Blizzard)

That's like comparing the best to one of the mediocre shtty filters out there (Honeywell, Champion Labs...etc).

I just remember I actually posted half a thread about this a long time ago. I consolidate about 33 pages of comparison tests done on BobIsTheOilGuy.com and fit the main points into one page. It compares PureOne with pretty much all the filters you can buy at your local store.

HERE -> http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/oil-filter-question-5th-gen-147429p4.html?

I just bought 25 of the ...100 Black Tokyo Roki filters when FBP still had them. Been using those forever. Will likely go over to the Mazda Tokyo Roki filter when I run out of those in a few years.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

No need, you're gonna achieve the same result as doing 3-4k intervals except you might *feel* better. Plus, with PureOne, a true 99.9% filter, its gonna take out any little sht that your last filter didn't manage to catch.

You mean our OEM filter by Honeywell?

(Picture posted by Blizzard)

That's like comparing the best to one of the mediocre shtty filters out there (Honeywell, Champion Labs...etc).

Thanks, I have been using either fram or the OEM one. Will switch to the Puralator...

• 2 weeks later...

PureOne fileters are $2 on Amazon fyi after $3 rebate (original price $5 per filter, max of 4 filters per rebate request)

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Purolator-PL14612-PureONE-Filter-Pack/dp/B000E8T81U]Amazon.com: Purolator PL14612 PureONE Oil Filter, Pack of 1: Automotive[/ame]

Why not use the Tokyo Roki Mazda filters? Exact pressure relief valving and superb filtration medium.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived