LegacyGT.com

Denny's Bacon Sundae, really

Lucid

Ever have a french toast sandwich with bacon in the middle?

Soooo good.

Good call, I like thin shaved ham on french toast. I get the sweet and savory thing, I do like running bacon through a bit of syrup, and I love raspberry jam on a monte cristo. And raspberry jam with smoked salmon, mmmmm.

But......ice cream with meat? That may be my line.

Heard about it on the radio this morning. Denny's is really pushing the heart attacks. Saw something about a grilled cheese sandwich they make that has fried cheesesticks in the middle. Even so id probably try it all at least once.;)

Good call, I like thin shaved ham on french toast. I get the sweet and savory thing, I do like running bacon through a bit of syrup, and I love raspberry jam on a monte cristo. And raspberry jam with smoked salmon, mmmmm.

But......ice cream with meat? That may be my line.

Okay, I normally do a cinnamon-raison bagel with smoked salmon and I take shit for that being slightly weird, but RASPBERRY JAM?! Oh man. I could never get away with that.

"Maple-flavored" syrup won't cut it. It has to be REAL maple syrup!

On a related note, has anyone tried "Bakon", the bacon infused vodka? I had some in a "Bakon Mary" while visiting Seattle last year...it was like drinking a liquid BLT!

I have yet to find any food that was not improved by bacon. Salads & sandwiches, yes please. Seafood and even other pork products wrapped in it, hell yeah. Maple bar topped w/ a couple strips, thank you Voodoo donut! (Portland, OR) And when all you have is bacon... Try deep frying it with a tempura batter, absolute gluttenous heaven!

Don't even get me started on pork belly.

This doesn't seem like a big stretch to me. I once had a Chocolate Bacon Cheesecake.

It was posed as a challenge to a cook, so this is what she came up with:

Graham Cracker base

Candied bacon, finely crumbled as a layer on top of the graham cracker base

Chocolate cheesecake as a primary layer

Maple Cream Cheese frosting

Bacon Garnish

It was delicious. Honestly, I don't think it would hit you too hard that it was bacon in the cheesecake without the garnish, but knowing it was in there, you could pick it out.

In the case of Denny's creation, I'd say it's mostly for show and it's not much different than any other sprinkles on ice cream ... they're not really there for flavor, they're more for texture.

Okay, I normally do a cinnamon-raison bagel with smoked salmon and I take shit for that being slightly weird, but RASPBERRY JAM?! Oh man. I could never get away with that.

Don't knock it 'till you try it :lol:

Go for a buttery cracker (Ritz, Club, etc.) to ease into it. On a dinner roll or bagel to go big.

Everyone makes fun of denny's but I'd rather have that than McD's. Especially when judging their bacon.

Well said. Be it Bacon-Ice-Cream-Sunday or a Grand Slam Breakfast Denny's may be a terrible place for a gourmond to eat food, but at least its FOOD. McDonalds is food-like substance made to reduce hunger. Ick.

I just heard bacon and got excited.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i298/deeindiana2/Homer-and-Spiderpig-homer-simpson-1.jpg

1. “(Lisa) “I’m going to become a vegetarian” (Homer) “Does that mean you’re not going to eat any pork?” “Yes” “Bacon?” “Yes Dad” Ham?” “Dad all those meats come from the same animal” “Right Lisa, some wonderful, magical animal!”"
  2. “Porkchops and bacon, my two favorite animals.”
  3. “When you’re in my house you shall do as I do and believe who I believe in. So Bart butter your bacon.”
  4. “Is it Bacon Day?”
  5. “Mmmm. Move over, eggs. Bacon just got a new best friend – fudge.”
  6. “Not again! First you took away my Philly Fudgesteak. And then my Bacon Balls. Then my Whatchamachicken. You monster!”
  7. Homer: I’ll have the smiley face breakfast special. Uhh, but could you add a bacon nose? Plus bacon hair, bacon mustache, five o’clock shadow made of bacon bits and a bacon body.
    Waitress: How about I just shove a pig down your throat?
    (Homer looks excited)
    Waitress: I was kidding.
    Homer: Fine, but the bacon man lives in a bacon house!
    Waitress: No he doesn’t!
  8. “[strained] You know that feeling you get when a thousand knives of fire are stabbing you in the heart? I’m having that right now…[normal] Ooh, bacon!”
  9. “Mmm … bacon”
  10. “Mmm … unexplained bacon”

I have yet to find any food that was not improved by bacon. Salads & sandwiches, yes please. Seafood and even other pork products wrapped in it, hell yeah. Maple bar topped w/ a couple strips, thank you Voodoo donut! (Portland, OR) And when all you have is bacon... Try deep frying it with a tempura batter, absolute gluttenous heaven!

Don't even get me started on pork belly.

I saw that maple/ bacon donut on Man vs. Food. It looked really good.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

Archived