LegacyGT.com

Looking at a 1998 Legacy GT Wagon

Looking at a very well kept silver wagon.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/cto/2253040719.html

its pretty much a one owner car.

this guy bought the car from a guy that worked at the dealership, while the car had 204 thousand miles. at which point the HG were replaced,

his new add is for 2800. the windshield is needing to be replaced, but i have new one in my basement ready to go.

all the work he has listed in the add is within the last 5,000 miles he says.

Kbb value is 3200, 3800, 4200

looking at it tomorrow. along with a 95 740i for 2500. i was just wondering what to look out for. im feeling pretty good about it though. i have owned my 96 sedan for awhile now.

Im glad to stay I can have a photo shoot now that i have a car with no dents at all. and the transmission is perfect. the mesh of the gears are barly noticeable. the awd kicks ass. and brakes are mint. and the shocks are new. and the tires are like a 5/16 inch tread left.

you guys are gonna lol when you see my old legacy compared to this.

• I Donated

The autos suck and tend to get problematic at 100k plus miles. Like someone said before, a 5MT would be better

Sent from my Android powered HTC HD2

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

this has got 228 on the clock. the normal 1-2 shift is barely worse then the the other gears, plus i can put it in FWD to save gas in the summer.

a 5 speed would be fun but i just glad to have car that dont have 2 cans of spray foam on it to seal the rust holes.

• I Donated
i can put it in FWD to save gas in the summer.

Bad idea. The fwd fuse is for diagnostics only and can cause damage to the awd system if its used for extwnded amounts of time

Sent from my Android powered HTC HD2

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

you will not save fuel driving with the FWD fuse installed. you are still pushing all of the same mechanics and all of the same weight. when driving on the hiway only ~10% of the engine power is going to the rear.

plus, as mentioned, you run the risk of wearing / burning out the duty c solenoid in the trans rear extension housing. this is a 100$ item and it controls the power to the rear. you don't have to remove the trans to replace it but it is still work. when the duty c fails you get torque bind and this can cause damage to your drive train.

i see. i though it just sticks the full 12 volt volts to it so its always wide open and no power is going to the rear. like when you do the 50/50 lock. same idea just its flipped. 50/50 is awsome in the winter. ill have to pull that out of my sedan sometime this summer.

Now onto the questions.

i think i have an after market alarm on my car..... i have found random little wires running around the engine bay with zip ties and coverd ing electrical tape.. the wires run to a wire on the ignition coil plug, another vanishes down below the battery area. i also found a blundle of wires under the dash kinda hanging out. had a blue led. a tactile button, and a On off toggle switch.

and besides the keyless entry box there is another random box that my 96 does not have that is just cramed into up in the guts of wires.

I'm sure its after market something. Just don't know what.

Should I start a new thread for all these first questions about a new car?

And what do you method I should use to polish/send/clear the fog lights. I'm already using the 400-1500 grit wet sand on the headlights

ill gotta get pics of trouble spots that need body work, maybe you guys could give me and guess on the cost. the body shop is closed today.

do you recommend going rack less? i already have rust on top the windsheild. sense they gotta paint the roof should i just have the rack removed at the same time? I would think so.

2 things in life you should never do, never buy a automatic car (unless it's a 81 Lincoln) and never cheat on your wife.....

imo;; people who always bitch about driving generally have autos.... It's just not fun... oh, and girls wont really respect you.....

Wow the hate and ignorance in this thread. I've had numerous 5-speed cars in my short life, but my Leg is automatic and I love it (chicks dig it too)... It's quite practical when you drive in heavy traffic, no need to clutch and de-clutch 300 times in 2min and you can finger your chick whenever you want, not just on the highway. :cool:

So I don't see the problem really. Like he said, its not a car to race, but its pretty good at what its supposed to do. Yeah there are downsides; you don't get to feel the car as much, might be a tad slower, and use more gas, but it is easily evened or even surpassed by the good sides. Of course if you are looking for a manual, don't go and buy an automatic... you'll obviously be disappointed.

Anyways, enjoy your 98 GT if you bought it already, and guys.... we all drive Subarus in the end. ;)

yes i did buy it. here it is.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee91/kepsterman/old%20and%20new/DSC00009-1.jpg

Congrats!

I have a 99 GT wagon here, beautiful car!

Sadly mine needs head gaskets though. I hope to get some time to fix it this summer. I can't wait to use the heated mirrors and seats next winter!

Archived