LegacyGT.com

Age of Legacy Drivers As A Poll

rporter

Age of '05-Newer LGT Owners (with the title in your name!)  

582 members have voted

1. 1. Age of '05-Newer LGT Owners (with the title in your name!)

20 male here... :)

1st car: (17-18) Not really mine... 83 Toyota Tarrago 5speed MT, 1.8L, right hand drive (australia), armstrong steering... W00T... $100AUS (bout $50USD at the time)

2nd car: (19-20) Bought for practicality and got more harrassment from this vehicle than you can possibly imagine, $5100 - 98 Dodge Grand Caravan-purple, with a "Chick Magnet" sticker on the back window. WOW, talk about wrong... Single, no kids, just got a van... But, I did put a sweet sound system in it.

3rd car: (20-whenever I die, most likely driving it too fast) $24,500 LGT Limited 5-Auto, loaded, Regal Blue... LOVE my car... only one I have ever seen in my area. A few WRX here, but NO 05 LGT. YAY... W00T, ect. Everyone here has "*" envy... I will let you fill in the * :)

And my grandpa is 70+ and drives his 88 Mercury Cougar like a bat out of hell. So whoever says 50+ cant drive... they gotta learn, most likely, your gonna end up getting smoked by an "old fart" (no offense intended if you take offense to that term).

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like brothers !S4 and rporter have mentioned, this little poll may be slightly skewed.

The real question that's being posed here with this poll isn't "what's the average-age of an Legacy/Outback driver/owner," but rather, more targeted:

"What's the average-age of an LGT/Outback driver/owner who is a member of this (LegacyGT.com) enthusiast community."

Additionally, what about those who have registered, but are either lurkers or simply have not had the interest to take this poll (more than likely a much smaller percentage, but still worth mentioning as a confounding factor)?

Case-in-point:

Around me, locally, there's less than half a dozen Legacy/Outback owners who are known to be on this Forum. Of this group, I am pretty certain that at least one (thus 15-20%) of whom has not taken this poll. And of this group, I know, for a fact, EVERYONE is in the 25-36 age-bracket.

But at the same time, everyday, I look around me, and I spot many, moany, many more Legacies and Outbacks driven by "normal folks" who fall easily into the 40+ bracket. And these, my brothers and sisteres, much, much, much outnumber the current percentages that are posted above......

I'd love to see what SoA's official figures are for this very same poll. But even there, one cannot factor out the possibility that, even with data gathered directly from credit applications for purchase/lease, how many vehicles are being signed-for by one demographic, only to wind up being truly driven/owned by another.

:)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

"Slightly skewed"?? Way skewed!!

But, thats probably typical of most car lists, especially with newer models.

It's as you say, though, it's only representative of the folks who are on the forum, not of Legacy/Outback ownership overall. Even with performance enthusiasts, there are a lot that don't bother with lists or forums.

Ron

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just turned 33 on Nov 23rd!

I've had my LGT for a little less than a month (got her on Oct 30) and I just gave her her first oil change at 1055 miles [i know there are tons of opinions out there on when to give your LGT its first oil change...I just went "the heck with it", sounds about right to change the oil].

• 3 weeks later...
Age 50 here. I'm a little surprised that the poll results show almost 50% between 22 and 30. I would have thought the fat part of the bell curve would be 31 to 40. Maybe that will change in time as older driving enthusiasts discover the LGT and as Subaru continues to refine the LGT to better compete with BMW and Audi.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived