LegacyGT.com

Age of Legacy Drivers As A Poll

rporter

Age of '05-Newer LGT Owners (with the title in your name!)  

582 members have voted

1. 1. Age of '05-Newer LGT Owners (with the title in your name!)

Guest clawdnb
20....proud owner of a fully loaded red 05 LegacyGt limited with some extra toys on it... ;) music industry is fantastic

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

female just turned 27

my 7th vehicle and 5th new vehicle purchased by me. 1st doesn't count since it was my parents.

16: 83 Toyota Tercel wagon 4wd (inherited from the family)

20: first car was a new 98 grand am coupe

21: stupid and bought a 92 s10 blazer POS

21: 98 Kia Sephia (got a good deal off my bank's repo lot)

21: 00 Mercury Cougar V6 MT loaded (ordered and shipped from Seattle)

22: 01 Toyota Tundra V8 Ivan Stewart Edition 4wd access cab (i still miss it!)

24: 03 Pontiac Vibe GT (was fun but no good in snow)

26: 05 LGT Limited 5EAT

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

• 1 month later...

im 23, i got my 05 lgt last month surprisingly on my own with no cosigner....

im coming from an 87 mustang gt, and an 86 mustang 2.3 before that, and i still have both cars......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/bmorrisj/backrainsm.jpg

Just so the people > 35 feel better, there's lots of Outbacks, even XTs, that aren't reporting in here that are your age. They're just in a slightly different demographic... ;)

Rporter, I, too, am 55. I love the LGT and no "snot-nosed" kid is going to tell me that I can no longer have fun driving. I have a 25-yr. old son and drives an "02 WRX. We both enjoy working on our cars and we both enjoy sharing our driving experiences.

Old, but having fun!!!!!!!

Just so the people > 35 feel better, there's lots of Outbacks, even XTs, that aren't reporting in here that are your age. They're just in a slightly different demographic... ;)

I wouldn't necessarily put the Outback and XT (I assume you mean the Forester) in a different demographic.....just different needs.

In fact, when I'm on some job sites, I wish I had an Outback, as the LGT ground clearance is too low, and I already have a new radiator after it got punched by a chunk of frozen mud. I passed on the Outback intially because I didn't care for the looks as much, plus it weighs a bunch more.

Couple of years ago, I was gonna go with a WRX wagon, then decided on a Forester XT2.5 5-speed for the performance, although the styling wasn't my favorite. Soon as I saw the new LGT at the Detroit show in 2004, that made up my mind!

After 15 years of driving FWD SHOs, i no longer wanted FWD. Considered RWD (G35, 330i), then decided on AWD, which I do not regret, for my daily driver.

Ron

Rporter, I, too, am 55. I love the LGT and no "snot-nosed" kid is going to tell me that I can no longer have fun driving. I have a 25-yr. old son and drives an "02 WRX. We both enjoy working on our cars and we both enjoy sharing our driving experiences.

Old, but having fun!!!!!!!

I woud have to say that there are as many over-50 folks into performance cars (of any kind) than there are folks under 30. There are some things that you never get tired of!!

Ron

I wouldn't necessarily put the Outback and XT (I assume you mean the Forester) in a different demographic.....just different needs.

In fact, when I'm on some job sites, I wish I had an Outback, as the LGT ground clearance is too low, and I already have a new radiator after it got punched by a chunk of frozen mud. I passed on the Outback intially because I didn't care for the looks as much, plus it weighs a bunch more.

Couple of years ago, I was gonna go with a WRX wagon, then decided on a Forester XT2.5 5-speed for the performance, although the styling wasn't my favorite. Soon as I saw the new LGT at the Detroit show in 2004, that made up my mind!

After 15 years of driving FWD SHOs, i no longer wanted FWD. Considered RWD (G35, 330i), then decided on AWD, which I do not regret, for my daily driver.

I'm just saying that the people I see driving Outback XTs are in a different demographic. And I say the Outback specifically because that's the most popular Subaru that's more likely to be purchased by people that would never hit up this forum. The results of this poll will likely be biased to a younger (more tech savvy?) demographic.

I'm just saying that the people I see driving Outback XTs are in a different demographic. And I say the Outback specifically because that's the most popular Subaru that's more likely to be purchased by people that would never hit up this forum. The results of this poll will likely be biased to a younger (more tech savvy?) demographic.

You're probably right. I suspect that Outback buyers may be repeat buyers who came from older Outbacks, which I don't consider to be the "performance enthusiast" demographic.

This is my first Subaru, but my overall impression is that, since the WRX and models like the STI, LGT, etc, it has atracted a whole new enthusiast demographic (as evidenced by the folks on this forum) as opposed to the granola-crunching, tree-hugging, birkenstock-wearing demographic that seems to have been the typcal Subaru customer.

Ron

Archived