LegacyGT.com

our turbo?

hey i have a 05 gt and im just wondering what model our turbo is? a member of my local forum is selling his off his sti and its a TD04 just wondering the differences in mine to his and what sort of upgrade it will be if i swap them out

Answer: Earlier models were vf40, later vf46.

*the vf40 and td04 have different housings (induction side)

*the STI does not use a td04 from the factory, the WRX does however

Even if it fit, it would not be an upgrade. If I were a smartass I would tell you to do a search. Oh wait, I am a smart ass........SEARCH.:)

Question guys:

Why is the Hood scoop on a WRX bigger than the LGT? Does the WRX use a bigger turbo? I know that the 07 LGT has a max of 13.5 PSI .Does the WRX boost higher?

Also,Does the WRX use different suspension or Sway bars or Gear ratios?

stock vs stock which would win a drag race?

Question guys:

Why is the Hood scoop on a WRX bigger than the LGT? Does the WRX use a bigger turbo? I know that the 07 LGT has a max of 13.5 PSI .Does the WRX boost higher?

Also,Does the WRX use different suspension or Sway bars or Gear ratios?

stock vs stock which would win a drag race?

So a bigger hood scoop means more power? Nice... I'm going home and swapping on a HUGE scoop ;) Its all looks man.

The TD04 is a much smaller turbo than the 05+ LGT's. It is a HUGE downgrade.

Just look for any dyno numbers on NASIOC. The TD04 fully tuned/modded will make 250whp at best IIRC. A VF40 (what the 05 LGT has) will make almost 300WHP with proper tune and mods.

Boost from the factory is the same I believe, but again, the LGT has a much bigger turbo. At least until 08wrx i think, when they used the VF40 in it, and then in 09 switched to the VF52.

Stock for stock in a drag, and both manuals, the LGT... But that doesnt account for bad drivers either.

Gear ratios may be a bit different, but thats not going to make up for the turbo size.

Sways are different, suspension is different. They wont swap between cars.

If you get an STi turbo, (VF39,48,43) then its an upgrade by a little bit... But then you need a lot more than a turbo swap.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Does the WRX use different suspension or Sway bars or Gear ratios?

The front sway bar for the LGT is the same as the 08 WRX. Its one of the only reasons that there is still a 25mm front sway bar option for our car.

It's cool; I'm with the band

Archived