LegacyGT.com

Skyline Drive Cruise and BBQ!!.

The Gray Ghost

Which weekend is best for everyone?.  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which weekend is best for everyone?.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any way to push it back a bit later (ideally to noon)? It's 2 hours and 15 mins to that address from my house, and I don't really want to have to get up at 7am on the weekend if I can avoid it. Heck, that's earlier than I get up on a weekday!

Dude, it shouldn't take you 2hr's to get there for Bmore...I could be wrong it wouldn't be the first time:rolleyes:

• I Donated
I'm in Owings Mills. Front Royal is 2h11m away if I take 795 to 695 to 95 to 495 to 66, 2h12m away if I take back roads to 32 to 70 to 15 to 340, and 2h13m away if I take 795 to 695 to 70 to 15 to 340. Any way you slice it, it'll still take 2 hours-ish with me going 80 the whole way.

OK....I was wrong on the date I guess. Good think it was clarified...I woulda missed it.

GG...Yeah...I'm in, just hope the Subie is ready by then (just put it in the shop today). It'll be the perfect long trip for me to test the car before chasing gets underway on May 6th. I'll likely put 10,000 miles easy in May alone of I can stay chasing for around two weeks.

For those in Baltimore area. Consider also the I-70 rt. to US 15 do I-66. Can be a somewhat less of a hassle and is more of a enjoyable ride. Probably a few more miles. I'm thinking of doing White's Ferry via Poolesville to Leesburg then to I-66 (avoiding 495). If anyone wants to follow along or meet at Leesburg to caravan to Front Royal. I'd also say if someone wanted to crash at my place to save some time, they are possibly welcome. Just pick-up my dinner or something like that.

That's GG for setting this up. Looking forward to it.

PS...I'll likely stream live the trip for those in the area that don't make it...to tease you on what you are missing out on.

You guys are killing me...LOL....If I can get my 49 y/o butt out of bed, you can surely do it also. 10:00 is a great time because you will have a ton of time and plus you won't be driving home in the dark. I will change the time just because I am a nice guy...LOL...11:30am will be the time we meet and we will leave the Rite-Aid @ Noon!!.

Please add yourself with your s/n and real name if you would like to go:

1. The Gray Ghost-Mark

No more changes!!. If the weather is bad, we will reschedule. Weather Warrior, if you know some cool twisties, please advise. Thanks Guys!!.

Mark

• I Donated

I got confirmation from my girlfriend that I can spend the money on gas. :lol: I'll be there.

4/17/11 @ 11:30 am : Rite-aid in Front Royal, VA (800 John Marshal Hwy.)

1. The Gray Ghost - Mark

2. sprygsxr - Steven

3. thefultonhow - David

4/17/11 @ 11:30 am : Rite-aid in Front Royal, VA (800 John Marshal Hwy.)

1. The Gray Ghost - Mark

2. sprygsxr - Steven

3. thefultonhow - David

4. TheWeatherWarrior - Foster (jason).

5. Xero287 - Riyaad

1. The Gray Ghost - Mark

2. sprygsxr - Steven

3. thefultonhow - David

4. TheWeatherWarrior - Foster (jason).

5. Xero287 - Riyaad

6.700watts - Brian (if my ride is finished)

So you guys getting on Skyline Drive at Fort Royal and are heading south, how far down the Skyline Drive are you going? I know of a small group of legacies that might potentially go (max of 4), but we might be interested in getting on at Swift Run Gap or Thornton gap and meeting up with you guys.

Hey scoobydoobie....I am not sure how far we are going, but if you PM me your cell number we can keep in contact and meet up at a specific mile marker. Usually when we have had past Skyline Drive meets, we go as long as people want to go, and leave before it gets dark....The weather looks good so far on 4/16..hopefully it will stay nice on 4/17..let's keep our fingers crossed. Jason, if you know any cool places to drive, please chime in...

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Front+Royal&state=VA&site=LWX&textField1=38.9248&textField2=-78.1847&e=1

Mark

Hey scoobydoobie....I am not sure how far we are going, but if you PM me your cell number we can keep in contact and meet up at a specific mile marker. Usually when we have had past Skyline Drive meets, we go as long as people want to go, and leave before it gets dark....The weather looks good so far on 4/16..hopefully it will stay nice on 4/17..let's keep our fingers crossed. Jason, if you know any cool places to drive, please chime in...

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Front+Royal&state=VA&site=LWX&textField1=38.9248&textField2=-78.1847&e=1

Mark

Appreciate it man, but turns out I have to work all next weekend :mad:. Maybe next year (or another one this summer?).

mileage:

START -- AA = 31 miles

AA -- BB = 33 miles

BB -- CC = 40 miles

CC -- DD = 63 miles

Getting to START (Front Royal)

blue route: Baltimore via i95/i495/i66 = 107 miles

pink route: Baltimore via i70/rt340 = 109 miles (probably slower, but more scenic)

blue route: DC/fairfax via i495/i66 = 57 miles (from beltway/66 interchange)

pink route: Frederick, MD via rt340 = 61 miles

Cyan route: Richmond to Waynesboro (CC on map) = 88 miles

Lime route: Richmond to Front Royal (START) = 117 miles (via i95/rt17/i66)

Purple route: Cumberland, MD to START = 93 miles (via SR28 thru Romney/US 50/i81)

red route: Central Montgomery County to START = 73 miles (via White's Ferry & Bluemont) THIS IS MY ROUTE MOST LIKELY

red dot route: Central Montgomery County to START = 78 miles (via beltway)

skylinedrivemap.jpg.6f9b08468f0787a9eaea935c0c1cf1b7.jpg

^^ Worked up a few mileages & map for folks to help see what the mileages are from their area. These are estimates of course as I used points of intersection where most would hit, but doesn't include "neighborhood" mileage to get to those points.

Looking forward to being out. I think it would be cool if we got at least one Ohio person out...even thought that is around 300 miles to get to the starting point. Most folks top out around 600 miles per day driving. I can do around 800 miles, but that's in chase mode. I've forced 1000 miles, but that isn't advisable....especially if you are over 30 years old.

• I Donated

I did 1230 mi in a day once. :p But I had a co-driver.

That day was after driving 900 mi the day before, too. :spin:

Incidentally, both days were in my old 1990 Legacy wagon. It had 52,500 mi on it when I got it in 2006.

Archived