LegacyGT.com

Installed Poly bushings today

What kit did you get? I was just told that my LCA bushings have deep cracks in them and need to be replaced. $300 or so for a shop to do it. I figure I can do it myself if I have the right tools.

I should have looked into it more though. Just replaced the suspension myself and lowered my car and got an alignment...so paying for another alignment will be fun.

That is what it is called "3 in 1 service kit" at harbor fright for ~ 69$. it is a hand press for any bushings to remove and instal.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is what it is called "3 in 1 service kit" at harbor fright for ~ 69$. it is a hand press for any bushings to remove and instal.

Cool found it thank you. I also found the four wheel drive ball joint kit for the same price that looks about the same with a few more options.

Let me know how the installation goes. I want to make sure I have everything I need before I tackle it.

does anyone have a video of what torn lca bushings SOUND like? I have a clunk gremlin drivers side front but my lca looks fine....

Hey, I have found my sway bar bushings made more of a clunk than the LCA's. So you might want to check those as well.

I have had these on the car for 8 mos and 10k miles or so and they squeak a bit when wet going over speed bumps, but otherwise are still great.

I don't think torn LCA's make noise. Mine have been torn for 40k miles and they don't make any noise.

I would imagine that would depend on how demolished they are and if there's metal contact. mine were silent killers of tires and handling. The clunk was from the sway bar bushings. My 3000gt clunked from the subframe bushings, my jag clunked from the shock mounts, firebird from transmission mount.... So pretty much any old destroyed rubber mount I imagine can clunk under the right circumstance.

Unless of course you drive an Outback and the caster pushes the tire into the fender lining :p

I could only imagine if i didnt get the +0 bushing. My tires already rub turning both ways on my outback. And on agressive hard right turns my wheels tucks and burnt a hole through my wheel well. Putting a hole in my vaccum line for my boost gauge and a hole in my power wire for my amp. And im not even that low :(

Hmm, I never really thought about that.

I'm going to lift the car up a little bit before I install the bushings, so hopefully it won't be too bad.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

does anyone have a video of what torn lca bushings SOUND like? I have a clunk gremlin drivers side front but my lca looks fine....

My front bushing were torn when i bought my car and 20k miles later no noises. The car does wander ever so slightly though while cruising on the freeway but have never really noticed it at 100mph plus for some odd reason, but that may be because ive never felt unsafe at those speeds. Even in my 1990 civic wagon lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone get avo rear LCA bushings and not do the front bushing on the LCA? Id imagine maybe if you do only the one the ride might still be decently smooth. I want to get these, but honestly i like the smoothness of it stock. Mine are indeed separated and cracked.

Also can stock 08 + sti bushings be used? Or are they the same?

I have the same clunk.. usually there when I hit a bump or enter a driveway. I think it's my bushings, but I haven't had time to look at it... so if you do get new bushings and it fixes your problem, let me know, I'll assume that's my problem too.

Anyone get avo rear LCA bushings and not do the front bushing on the LCA? Id imagine maybe if you do only the one the ride might still be decently smooth. I want to get these, but honestly i like the smoothness of it stock. Mine are indeed separated and cracked.

Also can stock 08 + sti bushings be used? Or are they the same?

The 08 and up sti bushings are a different size. They are not as tall and are wider.

• 1 month later...

Just had these installed. Very minor increase in NVH. I was expecting more of an improvement in steering feel (probably still a little mushy due to crappy tires though).

Overall, I think they are nice. The car reacts a little quicker to improvements. A little less lag when swerving around potholes etc.

Just had these installed. Very minor increase in NVH. I was expecting more of an improvement in steering feel (probably still a little mushy due to crappy and taller tires though).

Overall, I think they are nice. The car reacts a little quicker to improvements. A little less lag when swerving around potholes etc.

Fixed.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

Looking at replacing these also, but I was wondering after I replace both of these do I have to get an alignment? I am looking at the +0.00 offset for the Lower Control Arm Bushing if that makes a difference regarding getting the car realigned.

Thanks

Archived