LegacyGT.com

Installed Poly bushings today

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I need to do this as my rear bushings are shot. I just need to find a press first!

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

How has the added offset effected tire wear? Anyone have pics of their tire wear after 10,xxx-15,xxx-20,xxx amount of miles? Just want to know what I would in for with added offset

Caster doesn't wear tires.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Woot! Just paid for a whiteline ALK from another member. Not to pick up née front bushings...

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Caster doesn't wear tires.

Unless of course you drive an Outback and the caster pushes the tire into the fender lining :p

Ok, probably won't happen, but it's close enough that I ordered the 0 offset ones.

I have the two bushings for the LCA and got some steering rack bushings too.

Should be a nice upgrade, goes in for a scheduled service on Thursday and I'll be having them install it all then.

• 4 weeks later...
Unless of course you drive an Outback and the caster pushes the tire into the fender lining :p

Ok, probably won't happen, but it's close enough that I ordered the 0 offset ones.

I have the two bushings for the LCA and got some steering rack bushings too.

Should be a nice upgrade, goes in for a scheduled service on Thursday and I'll be having them install it all then.

How did you make out?

I just got Whiteline front and rear LCA bushings installed as well as Whiteline steering rack bushings yesterday. Car feels fantastic! We had to loosen things up pretty good and the car pulls to the right now so I'm trying not to drive it too much till I can get an alignment. :spin:

If the +.5 is put in does that change what I should tell the alignment shop to do when I take it in for an alignment after the install? How far can I drive the car after the install without any problems before an alignment? My dad has a nice workshop with a press, but I would have to drive the car 250 + miles back home to get the aligment done.

How did you make out?

I just got Whiteline front and rear LCA bushings installed as well as Whiteline steering rack bushings yesterday. Car feels fantastic! We had to loosen things up pretty good and the car pulls to the right now so I'm trying not to drive it too much till I can get an alignment. :spin:

It all worked out quite nicely. Car tracks dead straight after the alignment. There is still a bit of a numb on-center feel but the car doesn't seem to have a mind of its own now. Tires would probably help with the on-center steering feel.

If the +.5 is put in does that change what I should tell the alignment shop to do when I take it in for an alignment after the install? How far can I drive the car after the install without any problems before an alignment? My dad has a nice workshop with a press, but I would have to drive the car 250 + miles back home to get the aligment done.

Tell them that you installed the offset bushings and that they won't get the caster in spec.

• 6 months later...
Caster isn't normally adjustable, so most shops just ignore that setting and do the "test" just so it prints out.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I don't see any tears in my stock lca but I have mysterious small clunks over small bumps that I'm pulling my hair out with. Removed endlink, drove around, clunk still there. removed BC coilover, tore it down to the cartridge, pressed on it- normal absorber operation, reinstalled all bolts/nuts tight, all I can think that's left is the lca's. but the bushings don't have any visual noticable defect :confused: Can the rear lca's still make clunk noises even if not torn? I've had two alignments recently and if I'm going to install new LCA bushings I do not want to get another alignment :lol: 0 offset?

I bought a 3 in 1 kit from Harbor freight for 60$ and i will do it.

What kit did you get? I was just told that my LCA bushings have deep cracks in them and need to be replaced. $300 or so for a shop to do it. I figure I can do it myself if I have the right tools.

I should have looked into it more though. Just replaced the suspension myself and lowered my car and got an alignment...so paying for another alignment will be fun.

I'm dreading doing it too, I'm thinking of just getting another set of arms to install them in lol

I was about to get the STi arms for that exact reason.

Any reason you went with the AVO LCA's instead of WL all the way around?

I am guessing here and I could be off. But I just found another thread where members were talking about a few issues with KCA334 (whiteline antilift kit) breaking. I haven't read about the AVO kit breaking.

Edit: Here is the thread. It's old though, so I don't know if the kit still has the same problems.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/whiteline-anti-lift-kca334m-destroyed-119896.html?t=119896

I am guessing here and I could be off. But I just found another thread where members were talking about a few issues with KCA334 (whiteline antilift kit) breaking. I haven't read about the AVO kit breaking.

Edit: Here is the thread. It's old though, so I don't know if the kit still has the same problems.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/whiteline-anti-lift-kca334m-destroyed-119896.html?t=119896

They changed the design. I went whiteline because they are adjustable. No need to re-press the bushings.

Plus, ive had bad luck with AVO stuff in the past, but Whiteline has never done me wrong.

Archived