LegacyGT.com

Double DIN Cubby, HL Covers and other goodies...

al-gorithm

http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/index.php?cPath=1_58_3_187

Some new goodies including double din cubby for you guys who want LCD screens. Canadian weather doesn't allow for decent operation of TFT displays during winter.... very slow touchscreen reaction.

If only I didn't get hosed on customs charges all the time...

I don't think this was mentioned here before as I constantly watch this forum but I apologize if this has already been brought up.

Just a warning - that double-din panel does not have the dual climate control that is on the North American Legacies. I'm not sure that it will work with Legacies that came with dual climate control from the factory, either. I've put it up because we do have enough Australian customers whose cars are nearly an exact match for the Japanese Legacy.

I'm not saying it absolutely doesn't work with American Legacies, but it's a high chance that it doesn't. We won't know unless somebody wants to experiment.

Cheers,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com

http://www.sevenphotos.com

http://www.apexjapan.com

I am not sure what else differs between the USDM and the JDM. If there is only one zone control on the JDM, maybe both the pass. and driv. can be wired into the one zone on the JDM, controlling both simultaneously.

Someone needs to find the wiring diagram for the JDM HVAC. I think it would depending on the voltage variances used to change the range on a particular signal. I think they would be standard on both sides. I would really like to investigate this more. Perhaps I could get a refund on the AVO DIN cubby i have not used and try this out.

Hmmmmmm...

Paul, why does that double DIN say for right hand drive only? Is it due to the physical shape (angle) or is it just due to the hazard switch?

It's because that's all it's known to fit at this point in time. :)

Being in Japan, I've got access to JDM parts, but no access to a USDM car to test them on. So I try not to make promises on something until I know for certain.

Cheers,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com

http://www.sevenphotos.com

http://www.apexjapan.com

Hi All,

I have just joined this forum.

I am from Australia, and I have a MY04 2.5i wagon... Australian Spec.

It has single zone climate control and single CD player which I believe is from Kenwood. This unit has a source selection button for a CD changer, but the changer was unavailable when I purchased the car. I recently looked into adding the changer as it is now available, and they want AU$990 for this upgrade, which is rediculous for a 10 stacker that can only play regular CDs. Ideally I would like to get something aftermarket that works with the standard head unit, but I have not found a solution to do this. Apparently the C929 kenwood stacker comes with a special adaptor to use it on the Subaru head unit that cannot be purchased by itself.

I have browsed these forums, as AU$990 buys a descent head unit with DVD-MP3 here, but I have seen the trails and tribulations you guys have with upgrading the head unit, and I just want to find out if I have the same thing with my model. ANyway, I have some questions, and appreciate any advice:

* Does anyone know if my car has the same issue where the audio and AC systems are intergrated on the same PCB. If they are, I will search for a solution that used the stock head unit as I personally do not want multiple head units installed.

* If the audio system in my model is a seperate unit, does anyone know if I can purchase the console fascia from AVO and remove the stock unit, and then purchase a better head unit?

* If it is not a seperate unit, does anyone have any ideas on where to look for some way of getting the head unit to accept RCA signals via the CD changer connector in the back of the unit?

* This site is dedicated to US models, but is there any Aussies that can point me in the direction of an Australian forum to discuss these issues for the Australian model?

* Does anyone know where I can go for Australian pricing and supply of parts for that 2DIN fascia for the RHD liberty?

Thanks for all the help!!

-- Adrian

Hi All,

I have just joined this forum.

I am from Australia, and I have a MY04 2.5i wagon... Australian Spec.

It has single zone climate control and single CD player which I believe is from Kenwood. This unit has a source selection button for a CD changer, but the changer was unavailable when I purchased the car. I recently looked into adding the changer as it is now available, and they want AU$990 for this upgrade, which is rediculous for a 10 stacker that can only play regular CDs. Ideally I would like to get something aftermarket that works with the standard head unit, but I have not found a solution to do this. Apparently the C929 kenwood stacker comes with a special adaptor to use it on the Subaru head unit that cannot be purchased by itself.

I have browsed these forums, as AU$990 buys a descent head unit with DVD-MP3 here, but I have seen the trails and tribulations you guys have with upgrading the head unit, and I just want to find out if I have the same thing with my model. ANyway, I have some questions, and appreciate any advice:

* Does anyone know if my car has the same issue where the audio and AC systems are intergrated on the same PCB. If they are, I will search for a solution that used the stock head unit as I personally do not want multiple head units installed.

* If the audio system in my model is a seperate unit, does anyone know if I can purchase the console fascia from AVO and remove the stock unit, and then purchase a better head unit?

* If it is not a seperate unit, does anyone have any ideas on where to look for some way of getting the head unit to accept RCA signals via the CD changer connector in the back of the unit?

* This site is dedicated to US models, but is there any Aussies that can point me in the direction of an Australian forum to discuss these issues for the Australian model?

* Does anyone know where I can go for Australian pricing and supply of parts for that 2DIN fascia for the RHD liberty?

Thanks for all the help!!

-- Adrian

Quickly answered:

1. PCB board is separate.

2. See #5.

3. You don't have to buy the double din w/HVAC that AVO is selling, you could use a line out converter to convert speaker signals to RCA signals.

4. Can't help you there.

5. Here is what you need. Paul confirmed in this email that it would fit your car unless MY04 in Oz is the same as MY04 in the USDM market.

http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/product_info.php?cPath=1_58_3_187&products_id=265

Thanks for the answers!!

As for answer 2... Although the stock sound quality is not great, I am really looking for a means to increase the amount of music I can play, and not for a way to beef up the sound levels. If there is a way I can connect an Alpine HD player or something to the stock unit, that would be great. The Subaru Solution to my problem is a standard CD only 10 stacker that cost AU$990. If I can buy a fascia along with a descent head unit that has capability for DVD MP3 or something for similar money, I would take that approach.

Thanks again!!

-- Adrian

I know Steve.... I purchased my AVO400L for my liberty RS through him. I realise that it is not AVOs fault here, but its alot of money to replace a bit of plastic with one set of holes to another with a bigger hole!! :)

I am sure Subaru is the one charging like the wounded bull... just a shame to pay as much for the fascia as for the head unit.

-- Adrian

Archived